SA AHB Xmas Case 2005

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wee stu said:
Take a deep breath guys, wee stu is at the keyboard :blink: :eek: :unsure:

OK - We have 18 confirmed contributors, 2 yet to finally confirm (MAH and fergi).

At this stage let's presume all who have not pulled out are still in, ok? In which case we have to fill 20 Xmas cases for the brewers participating, so that means 2 stubbies from each of us to fill each of the other cases - or 38 stubbies each.

However, it has also been suggested we put in a couple of extra stubbies to let boots have a beer and wet the baby's head. Boots has reservations about this generous gesture, but has suggested an alternative, and fittingly festive, gesture.

Rather than putting in an extra couple of stubbies each for boots, thereby making him feel like a charity case, we put in two bottles each for a charity case of boots' choosing (in this case the women's and childrens hospital were bubs was born). We then auction this case of homebrew off on the main board to any interested AHBers and all proceeds go to the hospital's charity fund.

Presuming there are no Scrooges among us opposed to a little extra giving at Xmas, this now means we provide 40 stubbies each, with the final case going to charity.

1 SteveSA - Munich Dunkel, Scottish
2 Roach - CAP, IRA
3 TDA - Oktoberfest, Special Bitter
4 GMK - Timothy Taylor LandLord Ale & Imperial Chocolate Stout
5 Aaron - APA, IPA
6 wee stu - Kilt Lifter Wee Heavy, Little Big Man AIPA
7 Joel - Rather Ordinary Bitter
8 Jayse- skunkfart original pale ale, RUSH 2112.
9 Crispy - IPA
10 Simon - English Pale, English Strong
11 Kai - American brown ale, Glacier summer ale
12 tdh - Goldrush Steam Beer
13 Wildebeest Attack - Belguim Freedom Ale and Belgium Dark
14 Jazman -over the ditch pils,and kiwi mongrel lager
15 kirem - 80/-
16 AnthonyMac - Black Shitter Porter and The Indicted Pilsener
17 Pedro - Pedro's Plight
18 Hawkesy - Irish Red, Rye IPA
19 MAH - two milds in search of bottles
20 fergi - hamley bridge pale ale..APA
21 the charity case

AnthonyMac, GMK and TDA are the distribution hubs, they can explain the details of that process - but all beers have to find their way to AnthonyMacs place by about midday on Saturday 10th December for the final divvy up.

I am holidaying in Mildura this weekend, but if I hear no major objectons I shall launch the auction before I leave on Friday morning. OK???
[post="94791"][/post]​

tangent said:
This might be an opportunity for people who weren't in the original group to donate a stubbie.
[post="94807"][/post]​

I was going to suggest exactly this when I opened the auction thread. Does this mean some of your inaugural all grain is now becoming a charity case (or at least part thereof?). :beer:

fergi said:
20 fergi - hamley bridge pale ale..APA

[post="94817"][/post]​

Bewdy, fergi.

Clear as mud, Stu, and very much looking forward to the up and coming events and opportunities to meet unmet brewers on 10/12 or before.

I will possibly mention the auction to a few friends who have an adequate interest and appreciation for beer. They certainly need to pass the appreciation test before bidding. Possibly 3 or 4 of em.

AnthonyMac said:
Clear as mud, Stu, and very much looking forward to the up and coming events and opportunities to meet unmet brewers on 10/12 or before.

I will possibly mention the auction to a few friends who have an adequate interest and appreciation for beer. They certainly need to pass the appreciation test before bidding. Possibly 3 or 4 of em.
[post="94876"][/post]​

As long as you, or other AHB members place the bids on their behalf I see nothing wrong with this. I await the bidding frenzy.

are you going to open up a seperate thread for the auction stu.wouldnt mind putting in a bid or so as if i win i can collect in january. ;)
and share the spoils with the adelaide brewcrew.

cheers
big d

big d said:
[post="94887"][/post]​
I think we make this a condition of entering the auction.

i'm sure i can dig up the last partial or the latest ag Stu!
maybe the oldest partial?

big d said:
are you going to open up a seperate thread for the auction stu.wouldnt mind putting in a bid or so as if i win i can collect in january. ;)

cheers
big d
[post="94887"][/post]​

A few people have raised, privately and off forum, the question of legality concerning such an auction. The concerns are legitimate and must be treated accordingly. For the moment the idea is on hold. Whether it can be resolved in time for this xmas case I am not sure, but it is certainly something worth exploring for future years.

In the meantime, Xmas is the time for giving, so remember the charities, even if it doesn't end up in free beer :super: .

THE DRUNK ARAB said:
I have bottled the Oktoberfest and will be racking the Strong Bitter this week.
Anyone dropping their beers off at my place?

C&B
TDA
[post="90327"][/post]​

If you intend to drop your contribution off to me please let me know by way of a PM, otherwise you may find I wont be home tomorrow.

C&B
TDA

I have only just bottled my Special Bitter so allow it 3 weeks or thereabouts for carbonation.

C&B
TDA

Unfortunately I have to withdraw from the xmas case.

As I have just moved state, I had my beer bottled by someone else on Friday.

I was told I had 37L, I should have clicked then, that fermenter doesn't hold 37L! I did the sugar priming calculation based on 37L -120gms.

For some unknown reason 260gms was put in instead and the real quantity is 18.5L. So this beer is now destined for foamarama. So it is best that I withdraw.

I am sorry.

The funny thing is, I work as a Sparkling winemaker and I have carbonation problems with my beer.

K.

Pity - u just moved to Mildura - look up Sean and drop by the Mildara Home Brew Club - meet the first Tuesday night of the month - but cant remember what they go by..

Think its the Mallee Mashers...

That's sad news Kirem, I was looking forward to your 80/-.

Good to put a face to the name in the Mildura brewery at the weekend. Next time I am in Mildura, I look forward to catching up with some of your appropriately carbonated beer (and wine for that matter :) ).

awrabest, stu

Due to complete and utter laziness on my part my beers won't be ready for consumming untill the same time as TDA's. So don't fridge them yet or you'll be complaining about flat sweet beer. As intended though they should be in their prime come the holiday period.

Drinkin', pukin', pissin', and fightin'
Startin' all over again
Jayse

So, perhaps we should mnake a list of all those beers we CAN drink. Mine will be 2 weeks in the bottle this Saturday (10th Dec) so it may be alright to sample. Who else has beer that's drinkable right off the bat?

Qantas have told me that I can only take 7kg of carry-on luggage. This equals 10.9375 stubbies. So, I'm planning ways to smuggle on as much as possible... Hopefully I'll get some mates to take some on for me :party: Darwin is a thirsty place.

I've a pilsener that I need to bottle tonight, so that won't be drinkable until the new year. However, my porter is ready to be cracked open.

On another note, please remember this saturday (10/12) is the start of the collection period. i need to have all contributions at my house by no later than 1pm so we can start dividing them up. For those who may be dropping off and picking up in one trip, please get to my place (PM for details) before 12pm so that we can be positive about all contributions be accounted for, and can start divi-ing with confidence.

For those wanting to hang around for a chat and a brew, I will have the BBQ clean and available for use, so bring some meat and we'll get it sparked. Chairs wouldn't go astray ether (I've got a fair few, but probably not all of them are totally safe).

For those who have agreed to assist in the dividing process (Kai, Stu, Aaron?????), please get there by about 12 so we can appropriately lubricate with beer and food before the work begins.

Clear??........as mud. I just hope I've covered everything.

PM for details or whatever, or post if mega confused.

See ya'll there!!!

AMac

Roger to that AnthonyMac.

My Oktoberfest is ready to drink, as previously stated the Special Bitter needs 3 weeks in the bottle.

See some of you on Saturday.

C&B
TDA

Both of mine are ready to drink. Can't be there for the festivities unfortunately. Have a good one guys.

Steve

Also - I've no beer to drink of my own so please bring some along - for me too, if it's not too much to ask. Can't believe I'm totally dry, so did a lazy back to back on Sunday - IPA and another porter. As tempting as it may be, i'm not willing to sap it from the fermenter just yet.

Thanks fellas!!!

Back