S/s Filters

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sijani

Reaction score
I 'salvaged' these filters from work. They are austenitic 300 grade stainless steel and designed for use in HDPE plastic extruders.

ssfiltercoarse.JPG
(no measurement yet)

ssfilterexfine.JPG
(no measurement yet)

There are 3 hole sizes, not sure what they are yet but will update soon.

They are quite easy to shape. This is an hours worth of experimenting.

sspipeend.JPG
pipe end trial

minifalsie.JPG
Mini false bottom
The dimple in the centre is testing for load (25 k.g. easy) and also where to place the pick up tube

I also have plans for trialling inline filters for water in, mash liquid in and out, kettle liquid out, hop back and fermentor in and out.

They can be cut with a sharp pair of shears.

I have some extras ('bout 4 of each) free if anyone wants some (first in PM me)

They look the goods there. 25kg? That's a fair bit of weight? Are you sure about that?

Oops, forgot to add a comment here, PM sent this morning.

QldKev

Crikey, a lot of people want these...

I think the easiest way to do this is to pop a stamped, self addressed envelope inside another and post it to me

S. Scrim
1 Avon St Noble Park
VIC

Only these people though. Sorry to anyone else, just not enough to go around :(
reg, Batz, Franko, Gryphon Brewing, Mark^*******, brendo, QldKev, floppinab and LethalCorpse.

Crikey, a lot of people want these...

I think the easiest way to do this is to pop a stamped, self addressed envelope inside another and post it to me

S. Scrim
1 Avon St Noble Park
VIC

Only these people though. Sorry to anyone else, just not enough to go around :(
reg, Batz, Franko, Gryphon Brewing, Mark^*******, brendo, QldKev, floppina and LethalCorpse.

cheers mate, will do

Cheers Mate.
Popping in the post now.

Reg

fantastic mate... you are a star. Will get the misses to pinch one from work... what how big are they/what size envelope?

Brendo

Thanks will post it today

Batz

Nice work sijani.

Anyone else after an easy source of ss mesh may want to try camping suppliers for gas top toasters.

Gas top toasters that sit on burners have ss gauze. This gauze eventually burns through. The local Big W sells refill packs for about $5 for two replacements

Size is 140mm by 145mm, mesh spacing is about the same as fly screen mesh.

The pack is called "Camp Toaster Gauze Replacements."

Bump...

I haven't heard from some people on post #6 list. If you're still keen let me know or I can offer them to some others brewers.

:icon_cheers: Reg & Brendo, packed and sending today (Friday 13 :unsure: )

:) Batz and Gryphon Brewing should be here soon

Edit: Cannotseethetime syndrome. It's Fri 13th now... queue twilight zone music...

Bump...

I haven't heard from some people on post #6 list. If you're still keen let me know or I can offer them to some others brewers.

:icon_cheers: Reg & Brendo, packed and sending today (Friday 13 :unsure: )

:) Batz and Gryphon Brewing should be here soon

Edit: Cannotseethetime syndrome. It's Fri 13th now... queue twilight zone music...

It's coming

Batz

Sorry about the delayed response. Will get a SSAE in the post today.

Thanks

QldKev

I don't think I'll be able to send off an envelope today so give mine away to the next in line. Cheers anyway.

Back