Rusty Bottle Caps!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trough Lolly

"Drink, Feck, Arse, Girls"!
Reaction score
The missus, gawd bless 'er, lashed out and grabbed a slab of James Squire Pils for my birthday a week or so ago! :beerbang:

I just noticed a rusty flecking under the ?plastic? seal on the underside of the bottle cap - that's not rust is it? :blink: Has anyone else noticed this on the underside of their JS bottle caps?

Memo to JS:
A free slab of Pils, Amber and IPA to "evaluate" the bottle caps and nothing further shall be said! B)

Feck! Drink!........

The missus, gawd bless 'er, lashed out and grabbed a slab of James Squire Pils for my birthday a week or so ago! :beerbang:

I just noticed a rusty flecking under the ?plastic? seal on the underside of the bottle cap - that's not rust is it? :blink: Has anyone else noticed this on the underside of their JS bottle caps?

Memo to JS:
A free slab of Pils, Amber and IPA to "evaluate" the bottle caps and nothing further shall be said! B)

Feck! Drink!........
as someone who spend a better part of 5 years working bottshops working through uni, i can say. yes. yes it is rust. very occationally you get caps which have rusted. all you do it take the entire slab back to the bottlo and ask for an exhange. they give it too you cause they exchange it with the sales rep when they next come. no harm no foul. the only problem u mau encounter is if you try and retuen it from a bottlo u didnt get it from. i would never accept i return slab unless i knew the customer or they had a receipt. but then again i was a hard arse bottlo attendant.

long story short. get an exchange

Cheers for that - I suppose the question is whether the Woolies bottle shop nazi will get upset that I didn't pick it up until I finished the first 6 pack of them?!

TL...
you may have had 6.......
But tell them you may be sick (from the 6 pack) and thinking of suing... :p
Cheers
Pj

..or say you opened a 6 pack for 6 friends who were around.

What are you doing drinking this light stuff anyway....bring on the stout!

I had something similar happen to my home brew bottles once, but only for one batch. I have no idea what caused it since I use the same cleaning routine on all my bottles (I use Wander Bottle Wash Power - 90% Alkaline Salts) and haven't noticed it on any other batch.

I had that last bottle of that particular batch last night, and it was holding pressure well, and the rust wasn't in contact with the actual beer (it was behind the plastic cover).

I wouldn't worry about your health...