Round Mash Tun

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rosswill

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where I can get a round esky/mash tun?

Some BCF's stock the Cosmoplast Keep Cool 36L Esky that many AHB'ers (inc myself) use.

Where are you? That's a subtle hint to fill in your location ;)

If we know where you are we can point you in the right direction to source one.

Rays have a sale that finishes tommorrow and have 40 litre round ones for sale for $40 (down from $100).

Better hurry though.

Rays in Adelaide city have no round coolers in stock :/

Thanks Guys,
I live at Sydney West. There is a Ray's at Penrith I'll give a go. I tried the Ray's at Camperdown yesterday and they say they had never herd of a 40 litre round cooler.

Thanks

i bought mine from this place in adelaide,very cheap delivery too

www.discountcamping.com.au

with a round 9" falsie from ross it works a treat

cheers,dan

Thanks Guys,
I live at Sydney West. There is a Ray's at Penrith I'll give a go. I tried the Ray's at Camperdown yesterday and they say they had never herd of a 40 litre round cooler.

Thanks

It is actually a 37 litre one.
Round orange body with a white lid

Got it!! What a beauty. Only $40.

Now, what is the best way of fitting a tap? I already have a false bottom which will almost fit straight in. A few modifications needed. After removing the original push button tap, you have essentially got to fit the tap to the inner lining which is a couple of ml thick. A standard fermenter tap would do the job if I could find a threaded nut to fit the thread of the tap. Any suggestions?

Yeah - do a search for mash tuns and check out how everyone else has connected their false bottoms to their taps.

There's plenty of options available to you, and more then enough designs here on AHB to fulfil your requirements.

Latest posts

Back