Rookie brew

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Should be fine, if you have temp control best would be to crank it down to 3-5oC. Good rule of thumb anything that can go wrong will go wrong faster warmer.
Mark
Thanks Mark. When I do ales I tend to brew in the garage. Lagers I do in my fermentation fridge with temp control. Unfortunately this time the brew is an ale sitting in my garage. I just need more equipment lol. I usually have 2 x 46 litres on the go and use the 23 litre ale as a filler while lagering. Will keg it immediately on my return on Thursday. Cold crash and continue drinking my Deuce Lager with my fingers crossed. Lol

55 stubbies. The last homebrew I saw at this stage was a kit brew my father did back in the 80s and there were plenty of explosions. We'll see how my priming went. I added 90g of raw sugar to the bottling bucket.

20210111_174549.jpg

Its now been over 6 weeks since this was bottled. I've had a number of testers after week 2 and it wasn't impressive. Was actually disappointing (perhaps unsuprisingly), and I considered dumping it a few times.

But a mate and I tried a few yesterday and today, and it's now a winner! Not heavily carbed, but an ok head. It was smelling and tasting "dirty", and wasn't very pleasant, but in the past week it has turned a corner and is now a very pleasant beer, with a nice colour and none of the heavy roasted notes I get from similar commercial beers. Definitely not a session beer at around 6.7%, but one of our favourites now the NEIPA is gone. Plenty of stubbies left so will be interesting to see how and if it improves given more time.

20210226_182855.jpg

Its now been over 6 weeks since this was bottled. I've had a number of testers after week 2 and it wasn't impressive. Was actually disappointing (perhaps unsuprisingly), and I considered dumping it a few times.

But a mate and I tried a few yesterday and today, and it's now a winner! Not heavily carbed, but an ok head. It was smelling and tasting "dirty", and wasn't very pleasant, but in the past week it has turned a corner and is now a very pleasant beer, with a nice colour and none of the heavy roasted notes I get from similar commercial beers. Definitely not a session beer at around 6.7%, but one of our favourites now the NEIPA is gone. Plenty of stubbies left so will be interesting to see how and if it improves given more time.

View attachment 120026
Nice glass

Latest posts

Back