Robinox 36l - Any Experiences?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a reply back from them today:
Dear Tim,

Thank you for your enquiry with Fallsdell Machinery, please find
following the relevant information in regards to the equipment.

7104: Stainless Steel Vat 45 Ltr capacity, 360mm dia x 460mm deep,
open top, radius corners with wearbanb and a 12mm dia side bottom
outlet, standing on a mobile frame.
PRICE: $200.00 + GST

3950: Stainless Steel Jugs 5 ltr, 10 ltr, 1 Gallon, inverted cone,
with side handle and pouring lip.
PRICE: $125.00 + GST

6479: Stainless Steel Trolley , with a bottom platform of 1000mm x
700mm x 230mm high, it also has 2 shelves 450mm x 700mm and one shelf is
430mm high and the other is 770mm, complete with stainless steel handle.
PRICE: $250.00 + GST

All prices are quoted Ex our Condell Park Store, Should you require any
further information please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best Regards
Darren Cameron

Not too shabby but unfortunately out of my budget! :(
Tim.

Top job Phrak! I think that's an extremely good find you've made considering SS Pots are usually only 0.8mm thick and these come with a stand. It'll be interesting to see the price without the stand which we should find out tomorrow...

I was hoping to get onto these troops today myself but ended up working. I'll send them an email now regarding:

3944 - 50lt Vat with Lockable Lid and SS Handles (looks very solid)
4281 - 50lt Vat with Lid and Handles
4282 - 50lt Vat No Handles (Lid?)
5927 - Same as 4281 though looks in better condition
5941 - 70lt (same as 4282)
5946 - As for 5927
4412 - 45lt Vat No Mobile Stand

Post back here tomorrow hopefully. (I have also added a note for them to supply info on the wall thicknesss.)

Many thanks Phrak,
PP

Thanks PP, but Razz should take the credit for this find, 'twas him who pointed me to them! :) Thanks John/Razz! :)

Now, my wife dropped in to the local-ish BigW store (at Winston Hills, NSW) today to have a look at their 19L SS pots. Unfortunately they where all out of stock (and she didn't get their prices). The largest they had in stock was a "measly" 12L.

That reminds me - (kinda) funny story - I was in DJ's on Saturday looking for their range of pots, you know, just to see what's available. I ask the sales lady, "What's the largest stock-pot you sell?" she replies with, "Oh, they're quite big. I don't know, maybe four or five litres." :unsure: :ph34r:

Back to the BigW pots - does anyone have any more info on them? or know of their local BigW which has them in stock?

Tim.

I've found the BigW pots to be ok, didn't really have any scorching. I used them on the stove for a few boils before getting sick of that and getting a 50l pot and a NASA burner. B)

I got mine last year in Auburn. It may be worth phoning them to check first. If the pots are there, then there's a fair chance there'll be no lids anyway. I looked in two other stores which had several pots, but no lids to go with them. :eek: Not sure how they can lose so many large, glass lids. (Seth? :rolleyes: ) They were $20 IIRC.

Thanks guys.

So the general consensus it that, for the cost, they're quite reasonable?

I hadn't heard back from Fallsdell so gave them a call re the SS vats I mentioned in this thread on Apr 20. They hadn't received my enquiry but were very helpful (I probably pressed a wrong button on their site.)

The thickness of the vats ranges from 1mm to 1.5mm usually. Unfortunately, the prices are nowhere near what I had hoped. Mind you, if anyone wants a 180lt vat for $250, well they have one! (I didn't actually request that item.)

Just so as you have an idea, here's the email I received from them...

Dear Patrick,

Sorry that you had to call us about your enquiry, I have not been able to find it in our sales box. Below are the details on the items which you referred to during our telephone conversation.

3943: 1 Only Stainless Steel Vat, 180 ltr, 550 dia x 770mm deep, open top and complete with rolled lip, radius corners, wear bands and 2 x 30mm dia outlets on side bottom.
Price : $250.00 Unit Price + GST Ex our stock at Condell Park warehouse.

5941: 1 Only Stainless Steel Vat, 70 Ltr capacity, 380mm dia x 620mm deep, open top, radius corners, wear band, handles.
Price : $325.00 Unit Price + GST Ex our stock at Condell Park warehouse.

3944: 1 Only Stainless Steel Vat, 50 ltr, 380 dia x 460mm deep, open top with a lockable lid, rolled lip, radius corners, stainless steel handles and wear band.
Price : $225.00 Unit Price + GST Ex our stock at Condell Park warehouse.

4281: 1 Only Stainless Steel Vat, 50 ltr, 380 dia x 450mm deep, open top with lid and handles, radius corners.
Price : $300.00 Unit Price + GST Ex our stock at Condell Park warehouse.

5282: 1 Only Stainless Steel Vat, 50 ltr, 380 dia x 450mm deep, open top, radius corners, wear band.
Price : $225.00 Unit Price + GST Ex our stock at Condell Park warehouse.

5927: 1 Only Stainless Steel Vat, 50 Ltr capacity, 380mm dia x 450mm deep, open top with lid, radius corners, wear band, handles.
Price : $350.00 Unit Price + GST Ex our stock at Condell Park warehouse.

5946: 1 Only Stainless Steel Vat, 50 Ltr capacity, 380mm dia x 450mm deep, open top with lid, radius corners, wear band, handles.
Price : $350.00 Unit Price + GST Ex our stock at Condell Park warehouse.

4412: 1 Only Stainless Steel Vat, 45 ltr, 380 dia x 400mm deep, open top with handles, radius corners, wear band.
Price : $275.00 Unit Price + GST Ex our stock at Condell Park warehouse.

Please feel free to get back to us with any questions and we look forward to being of service.

Regards

Neville Catterall

PP, I emailed them for prices on a 70lt and a 90lt. No response yet, but from your post I have a rough idea. That 180lt job looks tempting but won't fit in my stand ! :D

Phrak said:
My wife dropped in to the local-ish BigW store (at Winston Hills, NSW) today to have a look at their 19L SS pots. Unfortunately they where all out of stock (and she didn't get their prices). The largest they had in stock was a "measly" 12L.

It turns out that they were out of stock because she purchased the last one for my birthday present!

It seems to be of reasonable construction, but certainly not as sturdy as a $150 SS pot (nor would I expect it to be). More than enough for a brew though. As Wally said earlier, they have a fantastic glass lid. The (relative) thinness of the side walls should make it pretty easy to install a ball-valve in the side as well.

All-up, I'd rate these as excellent value for money. I'll reply back once I've done a boil in it :)

Tim.

Razz maybe their email system has gone a little dodgy. I'd give the guy a ring on 02 9791 0933 though I reckon the prices are going to be a little scary. I was after a price on the 70lt as well but this didn't come through.

Cheers PP

Whoops! Thanks Razz. I must have subconsciously blocked it out when I saw the price!

Latest posts

Back