Rims

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need to know what you want.

although i got NFI i would be thinking

1.5" pipe to increase flow rate (over 2")
length to be suitable for 2200w element or generic off the shelf 1" screw in element?
1st option to have XXmm hole in the end of triclover blank for 2200w element
2nd option to have tri-clover cap with 1" BSP thread for 2400w screw-in heating element (or higher W element?)
1/2 bsp male thread inlet / outlet for customer to option with camlocks / barbs etc themselves
other end to have a thread for thermo-well what size thread ?
includes tri-clover clamp
and a mounting bracket tab thing on the side maybe ...

price needs to compete with the hermit coil ? under $100 + element for TAB's

although i got NFI i would be thinking

1.5" pipe to increase flow rate (over 2")
length to be suitable for 2200w element or generic off the shelf 1" screw in element?
1st option to have XXmm hole in the end of triclover blank for 2200w element
2nd option to have tri-clover cap with 1" BSP thread for 2400w screw-in heating element (or higher W element?)
1/2 bsp male thread inlet / outlet for customer to option with camlocks / barbs etc themselves
other end to have a thread for thermo-well what size thread ?
includes tri-clover clamp
and a mounting bracket tab thing on the side maybe ...

price needs to compete with the hermit coil ? under $100 + element for TAB's

Thanks Maheel, a start, and good idea for the bracket. It's not going to be under $100. The one in the link was $250. We could do it in between there though.

B)

How big the outlet inlet for wort? !/2" bsp threads?

What do you want on the thermowell end, triclamp, welded end with thread for thermowell?

What size threaded hole in the element end?
1/2 inch threads for the wort in/out (like in your picture since they fit standard 1/2 inch (camlock) fittings).

1/2 in thread for the thermowell - with the option of a reducing bush for 1/4 inch thread (that way both 1/2 and 1/4 inch probes can be used).

If they do not come with an element fitted, they'd need to fit the 'default/standard' element which are the Stainless Steel ones from KegKing (and other retailers).

Having said that, while I am considering something like this - depending on cost - it's most probable that I'll use a SS coil inside my 8L urn rather than a Rims tube.

Back