Replacement O-ring / grommit for Bunnings 25ltr fermenter?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

H0U5ECAT

Reaction score
My local Bunnings has stopped carrying spare parts for these drums.
Does anyone know where an alternate source may be found? Taps are readily available, but the large O-ring is no longer supplied as spares.

I did buddy.
Both don't carry these size rings. Does yours? if so where are they?

Cheers Wide.
I'll have to give these guys a call on Monday to make sure the size is right.
these look a tad bigger than the ones form bunnings

these look a tad bigger than the ones form bunnings

If you get one too long you may be able cut it to size and just butt it together.

Mine snapped at the joint and I just butted it together in the lid fully expecting it to leak at the joint but it’s still bubbling away from the blow off. Probably leaking a bit but not noticeable.

Have done two brews like that so far as I still haven’t got around to looking for the couple spare rings I have somewhere.

If it's just the joint let go on you, then superglue will fix it as new. It's how it's done in the first place, to the best of my knowledge.

Otherwise, forget the lid and use clingwrap instead. It's what I've done for the better part of a decade.

Why bother with Clingwrap, just use the lid without the O ring or forget the lid altogether and just open ferment. It’s what I’ve done for the better part of four decades.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back