Recommended Brewing Books For Nooby And Up

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ledgenko

Reaction score
Hey guys ..

I have been doing a heap of reading to increase my knowledge of brewing and its awesomeness .. and I thought other than AHB's forums which are both educational and ammusing I am curious to know what text books you would recommend and possibly "Must read" sections ?

Hey guys ..

I have been doing a heap of reading to increase my knowledge of brewing and its awesomeness .. and I thought other than AHB's forums which are both educational and ammusing I am curious to know what text books you would recommend and possibly "Must read" sections ?

John Palmer's 'How to Brew'
Ray Daniels 'Designing Great Beers'

I got a lot out of Radical Brewing, and I'm just finishing Gordon Strong's new on (nameblank).

There was a thread just in the last few weeks on exactly this subject with more suggestions.

T.

There's a few threads around and even a wiki article with a discussion topic and some reviews.

You'll find some answers here: http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Awww....mp;qfront=books

Basic brewing stuff: Palmer, designing great beers and Brewing classic styles.

More advanced: tap into the art and science of brewing by bamforth and principles of brewing scince by fix.

More specific: Brew like a monk (belgian beers) by stan hieronymous, new brewing lager beer by noonan, vienna-marzen-oktoberfest by fix and fix, wild beers by jeff sparrow, farmhouse ales by phil markowski, radical brewing by randy mosher. Stan hieronymous has also written a book about brewing with wheat which I haven't read but is on the list of books to buy. Yeast by jamil zanaischeff and Chris White has lots of good info.

Also if you are into English beers: Old british beers and how to brew them by durden park circle and check out the Shut up about barclay perkins blogspot (not a book but lots of reading material). Guy behind the barclay perkins blog also writes and sells books which I've not read but if they are as well researched as the blog itself then I think they'd be worth the asking price. I keep meaning to buy a few.

If you are into lambics or sour or funky beers then look at jim liddil's liddil lambic lesson (not a book, free online document) and the mad fermentationist blogspot.

Brewing network radio which I figure you know considering your hop hand grenade sig.

Book depository, abe books or fishpond for most of these, delivered to your door, cheap as chips. Barclay perkins books through the website, online stuff is free.

Latest posts

Back