Recommendations For Flooded Fonts And Taps

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldmacdonald

Reaction score
I'm starting to collect all I need for a keg set up. The first thing I've acquired is a four-line temprite/icebank with a coolant pump for a flooded font. I'll probably set up for commercial kegs first up (XXXX/Tooheys coupler), to spread the expenditure out and get the keg dispensing system sorted out before I start home brewing.

I gather there's not too much to get wrong with buying regulators, lines disconnects etc, but it appears that there's more than a few types of taps/fonts available. What I'd like to know is what fonts and taps you guys recommend and for what reasons. I'll need a four-way flooded font, preferably a T-style or something that suits a flush drip tray which collects condensation off the font as well as beer spills. Are all four-way flooded fonts the same?

Also, what taps should I be looking for? I think my preference is for a pull-towards style tap as opposed to a twist. Do taps have a universal fitting where they connect to the font? If not, which fitting is the best to choose? Reason being is I'd like to be able to remove the taps easily like they do at the pub for cleaning and so it's obvious if one of the lines is not in use.

A lot of questions I know, but I'd appreciate any advice you guys can give me.

I'm starting to collect all I need for a keg set up. The first thing I've acquired is a four-line temprite/icebank with a coolant pump for a flooded font. I'll probably set up for commercial kegs first up (XXXX/Tooheys coupler), to spread the expenditure out and get the keg dispensing system sorted out before I start home brewing.

I gather there's not too much to get wrong with buying regulators, lines disconnects etc, but it appears that there's more than a few types of taps/fonts available. What I'd like to know is what fonts and taps you guys recommend and for what reasons. I'll need a four-way flooded font, preferably a T-style or something that suits a flush drip tray which collects condensation off the font as well as beer spills. Are all four-way flooded fonts the same?

Also, what taps should I be looking for? I think my preference is for a pull-towards style tap as opposed to a twist. Do taps have a universal fitting where they connect to the font? If not, which fitting is the best to choose? Reason being is I'd like to be able to remove the taps easily like they do at the pub for cleaning and so it's obvious if one of the lines is not in use.

A lot of questions I know, but I'd appreciate any advice you guys can give me.

Ready made for what you require

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...em=160329932591 and

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...em=160329932886

Back