Recirculating biab

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
malt junkie said:
Just so you know the pump should be configured 90 deg to what it is per manufacturers spec. Having said that, mine is mounted similarly and hasn't skipped a beat in 2 years.
What pot did you use? Big W? Ebay? and what volume is it?
I didn't know that, thanks mate. I wonder why the manufacturer recommends it to be mounted that way? I used a 19 L pot from Big W and a 4mm stainless drill bit. The pot holds 5kg of grain ok I reckon 6kg would be pushing it. I'm impressed by this cheap little pump and have noticed a great improvement in wort clarity so far.

SBOB said:
might be missing something, but if they fit inside the pot how would they also allow you to sit it on the lip?
I've got 2 nuts on each bolt allowing the bolt position to be fixed, once they're all extended out about 20mm the pot sits nicely on the lip of the urn. I should have positioned the bolts closer to the lip of the pot so the entire grain bed was in contact with the mash water.

angry6 said:
I'm impressed by this cheap little pump and have noticed a great improvement in wort clarity so far.

what pump is it?
might get one myself.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1474322609.386091.jpg
Various Homebrew suppliers stock them. Craftbrewer was very helpful a few year ago when I got it. Make sure to get the correct fittings for the silicone hose with it.

They are a great little pump for the money, from memory mine was $70 or so. I got the fittings and hose from Cheeky Peak Brewery, The hose is 13mm dia and the fittings to suit are 1/2" BSP with a 13mm barb.

They are a great little pump for the money, from memory mine was $70 or so. I got the fittings and hose from Cheeky Peak Brewery, The hose is 13mm dia and the fittings to suit are 1/2" BSP with a 13mm barb.I also bought the Stainless head for the pump as I'm trying to go stainless with everything. I think it was about $30 or so.

Latest posts

Back