RecipeDB - Strark Dong

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stl

Reaction score

Strark Dong

Ale - Belgian Strong Ale
All Grain
- - - - -

Brewer's Notes

Candy sugar made according to Graham Sanders' instructions. Fermented quite warm, 22-24C.

Actually used Dingemans Pilsner as the base; the CaraAroma 250g amounts should be Dingemans Biscuit and Special B but none of these are in the recipeDB.

O.G. 1075, F.G. 1.010, bottled conditioned with 270g cane sugar, putting it around 9%.

Malt & Fermentables

% KG Fermentable
5.5 kg Weyermann Pilsner
0.5 kg Weyermann Munich II
0.25 kg Weyermann Caraaroma
0.25 kg Weyermann Caramunich III
0.25 kg Weyermann Caraaroma
0.25 kg Weyermann Wheat Dark
0.7 kg Candi Sugar (amber)

Hops

Time Grams Variety Form AA
30 g Hallertauer Mittelfrueh (Pellet, 4.0AA%, 60mins)
15 g Tettnang (Pellet, 4.5AA%, 60mins)

Yeast

125 ml Wyeast Labs 1214 - Belgian Ale
23L Batch Size

Brew Details

• Original Gravity 1.079 (calc)
  • Final Gravity 1.02 (calc)
  • Bitterness 17.1 IBU
  • Efficiency 70%
  • Alcohol 7.7%
  • Colour 51 EBC

Fermentation

• Primary 8 days
  • Secondary 12 days
  • Conditioning 24 days

For a moment there I thought the name was referring to some service offered by Vietnamese street boys :eek:
To me, Belgians all taste like trough lollies, but I am willing to be educated. stl are you a BABBs member, and if so would you have a sample at next meeting?

For a moment there I thought the name was referring to some service offered by Vietnamese street boys :eek:
To me, Belgians all taste like trough lollies, but I am willing to be educated. stl are you a BABBs member, and if so would you have a sample at next meeting?

Sadly, none left :-(

I put the last bottle into the QABC -- it was about a year old. (BTW, I think it peaked at about six months.) I'm going to tweak it a bit and brew again soon, and I'll put one aside for you but it'll be a while...

That the QABC one?
Edit: too slow :)

Back