RecipeDB - little creature pale ale clone

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I may be a noob but I'm not a fool, I wouldn't waste anyone's time by posting a recipe I haven't tried and enjoyed. Like the description says simple and tasty(as in I've tasted it). Not trying to be a smart ass just pointing out that I'm a noob not an idiot.

In that case, I apologise unreservedly for misinterpreting your post.

Certainly wasn't calling you an idiot by the way - tons of people do post recipes they've never brewed but I don't think it serves the database well.

I totally agree I've just recently read the entire database and I think I came across about 4 or 5 unfinished recipes including 1 that was just a title...

Just a friendly question; if you've never tried little creatures pale ale, why have you named this as a clone? Clones are generally beers which have similar sort of recipes to the originals and have had side-by-side comparisons done to verify that that they do at the very least resemble the profiles that they're trying to copy..

Not saying this isnt a tasty beer, I'm sure it is! I just question how you've come about to calling it a clone..

I don't know if it is a little creatures clone as I've never tried LCPA that's just what he called it. I was thinking it wasn't complete because I had forgotten the yeast..

Just a friendly question; if you've never tried little creatures pale ale, why have you named this as a clone? Clones are generally beers which have similar sort of recipes to the originals and have had side-by-side comparisons done to verify that that they do at the very least resemble the profiles that they're trying to copy..

Not saying this isnt a tasty beer, I'm sure it is! I just question how you've come about to calling it a clone..

...and what else floats on water?

A DUCK!

edit: post constructed while tired, drunk and marking thesis papers from people who were once my peers.

That's just what the fella at the hbs who gave me the recipe called it, having never tried it and being a bit noobish I just went with it. Once I get a bit more advanced ill come up with a revised recipe till then this'll have to do.

You're right Paulie, Geoff at the coffs brew shop is a good guy and is more experienced with spirits
even the old bloke geoff that used to own it was the same (told me to put finings in at the start of fermentation)
i've made the same recipe that he suggested, and while it's a pretty decent beer, it's not an LCPA clone (i ended up making it again with a shiteload more hops, too)
I'm just getting into all grain, so hopefully i can show geoff the benefits of that and steer him away from just kits & bits

You're right Paulie, Geoff at the coffs brew shop is a good guy and is more experienced with spirits
even the old bloke geoff that used to own it was the same (told me to put finings in at the start of fermentation)
i've made the same recipe that he suggested, and while it's a pretty decent beer, it's not an LCPA clone (i ended up making it again with a shiteload more hops, too)
I'm just getting into all grain, so hopefully i can show geoff the benefits of that and steer him away from just kits & bits

I'm just getting into boils and grain brewing myself so if you wanna do a brew or have a beer let me know. I think Geoff just uses kits for himself and there's not a lot of people who buy grain at the store so that's why he caters mostly to kit brewers.

I've had a talk to the bloke at your bru (over near bunnings) and he may order some grain for me
though he doesn't really like helping you out unless you've brewed with him before

I've had a talk to the bloke at your bru (over near bunnings) and he may order some grain for me
though he doesn't really like helping you out unless you've brewed with him before

Yer that's Andy he's I nice bloke but very business minded I was considering doing a batch with him but don't have the cash or the ability to get into coffs on a regular basis.

Just delete it untill you have actually tried LCPA.

sav

Just delete it untill you have actually tried LCPA.

sav

Well I just tried my first bottle of LCPA next to my pale ale and I have to say except for a few mild floral notes that mine is missing from lack of hops these two are pretty much spot on the same I'm quite pleased with myself actually.. :D

Not dragging Paulie down at all, but it this even possible. Can an extract brew brewed well be in the same ballpark as AG (brewed well)?

Latest posts

Back