RecipeDB - Brewed in Pozziers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ledgenko

Reaction score

Brewed in Pozziers

Ale - English Brown
All Grain
- - - - -

Malt & Fermentables

% KG Fermentable
5 kg Weyermann Pilsner
0.5 kg Weyermann Pale Wheat
0.5 kg JWM Crystal 140
0.25 kg TF Chocolate Malt
0.2 kg TF Roasted Rye Malt

Hops

Time Grams Variety Form AA
35 g Goldings, East Kent (Pellet, 5.0AA%, 60mins)

Yeast

1000 ml White Labs WLP023 - Burton Ale
23L Batch Size

Brew Details

• Original Gravity 1.066 (calc)
  • Final Gravity 1.018 (calc)
  • Bitterness 17.4 IBU
  • Efficiency 75%
  • Alcohol 6.24%
  • Colour 53 EBC

Fermentation

• Primary 7 days
  • Conditioning 4 days

Ok the above loaded before I could add any notes ... This beer was brewed in the shed whilst my back yard was all dug up during the reno's .. the big rains came (Ipswich last year) and filled the sewer pipe trench... the place looked a bomb had gone off in it .. the beer ended up pretty good though...

originally based off "White Rabbit Dark ale" clone I did with Shawn H .... this can be done with a lager yeast as well ... I think Shawn did it with a Pilsner yeast ... it turned out really well ..

The beer is dark, refreshing and has a nice coffee / choc flavour ..

Ok the above loaded before I could add any notes ... This beer was brewed in the shed whilst my back yard was all dug up during the reno's .. the big rains came (Ipswich last year) and filled the sewer pipe trench... the place looked a bomb had gone off in it .. the beer ended up pretty good though...

originally based off "White Rabbit Dark ale" clone I did with Shawn H .... this can be done with a lager yeast as well ... I think Shawn did it with a Pilsner yeast ... it turned out really well ..

The beer is dark, refreshing and has a nice coffee / choc flavour ..
Mate. when do you add the chocolate and the crystal? Lots of mixed feelings when adding it to the mash on here?

Mate. when do you add the chocolate and the crystal? Lots of mixed feelings when adding it to the mash on here?

Really i haven't seen them. Only thing that springs to mind is some people throw the dark malts in the mash late, however most just throw it all in together, happy families!!

Ledenko like the name but Poo brown would have worked too :beerbang:

I drop all the grain in from the start ... seems to work out pretty well.. not sure if putting the spec grain in later would change any of the characteristics but might try it and see...

Beerdrinkingbob .... yes it would have ... and would have been appropriate .... lol

I drop all the grain in from the start ... seems to work out pretty well.. not sure if putting the spec grain in later would change any of the characteristics but might try it and see...

Beerdrinkingbob .... yes it would have ... and would have been appropriate .... lol

Was going to give this a bash, Do you just drop all the Hops at the start, No staggering across the boil?

Thanks...

Latest posts

Back