Recipe?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkhlt1210

Reaction score
Ok guys I've got 30g each of Citra, Centennial and Simcoe as well as 100g Amarillo along with a coopers pale ale, 1kg LDME and 250g of crystal 50. What're some ideas for hop additions etc???? I want a nice hoppy brew with great dry hopping aromas

Simcoe bittering maybe some early centennial as well and citra late and very late?
Maybe Simcoe @ 60
Centennial @ 45
Citra @15
Citra @ 5 or 0?

Simcoe at 60mins to 30ibu

Combo of Amarillo and centennial at 5mins to 25ibu

Dry hop with 28g of citra

You have lots of good flavour and aroma hops there, sir :D

The coopers can will give you a fair bit of bitterness to begin with so don't worry about any 30 - 60 minutes additions. How about this

Coopers Pale Ale Kit + 1kg of DME and the crystal 50 steeped and hops as follows;

10g centennial @ 15min
15g Citra @10min
15g Citra @0min
Dry hop with just as much Amarillo or Simcoe as you like, at least 30g if you want a good strong nose on it IMO.

This will give you a bitterness of about 44 IBUs (depending on the AA% of your hops). Reduce the 10 minute addition of the Citra to 10g if you want to lower this.

Alternatively for a less bitter but just as tasty brew you could replace the Citra additions with Amarillo (for a 40 IBU brew) or with Simcoe (for a 43 IBU brew). Both would produce pretty tasty beers and you could dry hop with the Citra for them.

menoetes said:
You have lots of good flavour and aroma hops there, sir :D

The coopers can will give you a fair bit of bitterness to begin with so don't worry about any 30 - 60 minutes additions. How about this

Coopers Pale Ale Kit + 1kg of DME and the crystal 50 steeped and hops as follows;

10g centennial @ 15min
15g Citra @10min
15g Citra @0min
Dry hop with just as much Amarillo or Simcoe as you like, at least 30g if you want a good strong nose on it IMO.

This will give you a bitterness of about 44 IBUs (depending on the AA% of your hops). Reduce the 10 minute addition of the Citra to 10g if you want to lower this.

Alternatively for a less bitter but just as tasty brew you could replace the Citra additions with Amarillo (for a 40 IBU brew) or with Simcoe (for a 43 IBU brew). Both would produce pretty tasty beers and you could dry hop with the Citra for them.
Cheers mate exactly what I was hunting for! I will use your hop schedule there. Thanks again

Back