Recipe Suggestions

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodmac66

Reaction score
Guys been sitting here racking my brains on what double I should brew this weekend to get some beer ready for Christmas.
I really want a good AG recipe that will be a hit........
Got me to thinking what other Brewers on the site would be brewing so I thought I would throw it out there for some guidance.
Looking for some great suggestions to impress my mates . :icon_chickcheers: .

Woody

Can't go wrong with this one.

Seriously, how's about some tips on style and preference, please! If that's too hard, just brew what ever you brewed last and be sure to do it better.

As it will be for a wide range of visitors was looking for a Pale or similar that is not over the top but !

I love Hoppy beers , more the merrier, I say but I don't wan't people trying my first AG Brews and looking like they have just sucked on a lemon.
So something that appeals to the masses but not swill..... Hope that makes sense!
Was going to Brew a Coopers clone but thought there are probably some great staples other Brewers have in their arsenal,.

Dr Smuto's Golden ale, Andrew QLD's coopers clone, chappos rice lager, Bribie G's pseudo lager.

+1 for Dr Smurto's...
It's dead easy and a really good quaffer...even the my friends who are not massive hop heads thought it was an absolute cracker and they had no prob emptying the keg ( the bast%^&*s ! )
My 2c
Cheers
Ferg

I recently made this and have been enjoying it. Not over the top in terms of hops and received good feedback from a fellow brewer

Noble hopped pale ale

Type: All grain
Size: 22 liters
Colour: 7 HCU (~6 SRM)
Bitterness: 30 IBU
OG: 1.050
FG: 1.010
Alcohol: 5.2% v/v (4.1% w/w)

Grain:
2kg Joe white Pilsner
500g JW Wheat malt
500g JW Munich
2kg Joe White ale
100g British crystal 50-60L

Mash: 60 mins, 70% efficiency
Boil: 60 minutes SG 1.033 34 liters

Hops:
20g Hallertauer (4.25% AA, 60 min.)
15g Tettnanger (4.5% AA, 60 min.)
10g Hallertauer (4.25% AA, 20 min.)
10g Tettnanger (4.5% AA, 20 min.)
10g Tettnanger (4.5% AA, 10 min.)
10g Tettnanger (aroma)

US 05

Personally though i'd go with Smurto's as his is tried and true and mine isn't.

Latest posts

Back