Recipe Check (beersmith 2)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McFeast

Reaction score
G'day Guys,

I am new to Beersmith, so am not sure what to add misc wise (e.g. there is no 'rice'). but was hoping some of you may be interested in checking my recipe for me?
Do you think this will be ok? taste, body etc?

attached is a recipe which is for BIAB. it is a basic addition to a simple one given by BribieG.
Basically this one is (60min mash and boil):

35l water
4kg Ale Malt (Barret Burston)
4.5-500g Caramel Malt (Briess 60L)
1kg rice (boiled)
35g POR (full boil)
0.5 whirfloc tablet

ferment 15degC with US-05. then keg.

Thinking i'll need more Briess to get it to 15% or so.

AHB wouldnt let me upload the *.bsmx extension, so if you do decide to look at the recipe file, rename the .txt to .bsmx and it will open with Beersmith 2.

Cheers for your help!

Simon

View attachment untitled_recipe.txt

That text file wouldn't work for me.

Is 35L the starting volume or what you want to get into the fermenter?
For my tastes it would be a little too bitter if its a 23L batch, but thats just me. I would be adding 22g of POR 10%aa if it were me. Otherwise, it looks like a nice tasty aussie ale. If its a 35L batch, i would be upping the malt a bit, but only because i like my beers between 4 and 5 %.

Without stating your expectations its a little difficult to understand if its going to meet your expectations.

That text file wouldn't work for me.

Is 35L the starting volume or what you want to get into the fermenter?
For my tastes it would be a little too bitter if its a 23L batch, but thats just me. I would be adding 22g of POR 10%aa if it were me. Otherwise, it looks like a nice tasty aussie ale. If its a 35L batch, i would be upping the malt a bit, but only because i like my beers between 4 and 5 %.

Without stating your expectations its a little difficult to understand if its going to meet your expectations.

g'day ekul,

the file extention needs to be renamed to the *.bsmx extension for it to work. the extension for attachments should be allowed (changed) by a moderator

But anyway, yeah 35L is the starting volume.

what malt increases do you recommend? I prefer full strength.

Latest posts

Back