Ready To Bottle?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewerDave

Reaction score
Hi.

I've got a batch of Coopers Lager with Coopers Brew Enhancer 1 in my fermenter at the moment, it has been in there for six days today.

The instructions that came with the kit say to bottle when the gravity is 1008-1010 over two days. My brew has given me a reading of 1013 over the last two days.

Should I give the brew a few more days in the fermenter or are they ready to be primed and bottled?

Thank you

Hi.

I've got a batch of Coopers Lager with Coopers Brew Enhancer 1 in my fermenter at the moment.

The instructions that came with the kit say to bottle when the gravity is 1008-1010 over two days. My brew has given me a reading of 1013 over the last two days.

Should I give the brew a few more days in the fermenter or are they ready to be primed and bottled?

Thank you

Dave,

I think that the Brew Enhancers lead to a higher finishing gravity than you get when you just use sugar. If its been reasonably warm where you are and there is no chance that the beer has just stopped fermenting because it got cold... then I say you are OK to go.

To be on the safe side, it wont hurt in the least if you leave it for another day or three just to make sure though.

TB

Dave,

I think that the Brew Enhancers lead to a higher finishing gravity than you get when you just use sugar. If its been reasonably warm where you are and there is no chance that the beer has just stopped fermenting because it got cold... then I say you are OK to go.

To be on the safe side, it wont hurt in the least if you leave it for another day or three just to make sure though.

TB

Thanks for the reply :)
The temperature where my fermenter has been shouldnt have dropped bellow 18C and I dont think it has been higher than 23C

Thanks for the reply :)
The temperature where my fermenter has been shouldnt have dropped bellow 18C and I dont think it has been higher than 23C

Has the krausen gone from the top of the brew.
I would check the SG again and if no change , bottle it.

Bottled on 25/4 into the plastic bottles Coopers supplied me with (My glass bottle collection is still small :(). Used Coopers carbonation drops to prime the beer. From the few bottles I've examined since the beer appears cloudy but with no noticable sediment inside the brew.

Back