Re-sealable Champagne Bottles

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rodolphe01

Reaction score
The in-laws have just presented with a case of champagne with re-sealable plastic caps - basically a rubber/soft plastic stopper and a sleeve that slides over to press a ring of tabs around the neck of the bottle to grip it (I'll take some pics if anyone is interested). Naturally my mind goes straight to a possible re-use for bottling beer... The caps look like theyd go on any champagne bottle, which would be good as the bottles they are attached to at the moment are clear.

Anyone seen them before? Any other thoughts? Discuss.

Pics or it didn't happen!

(currently collecting champagne bottles for a few special brews)

Cheers SJ

I've had a lot of success with my collection of champange bottles. Buy the larger bell for you bench capper, buy the larger caps and you're done. No different to bottling into long necks and no worries about bottle bombs they will hold all the carbonation you like seeing as champers is carbed to about 6atm or so I'm told

Cheers Brocky

These closures are only good for Aussie sparkling not Champagne bottles, the neck is slightly different. If you google Zork SPK you will find out some info. Also do a search in YouTube. These should work find for bottling beer.

Edit: Here's on YouTube.

Last edited by a moderator:
These closures are only good for Aussie sparkling not Champagne bottles, the neck is slightly different. If you google Zork SPK you will find out some info. Also do a search in YouTube. These should work find for bottling beer.

Edit: Here's on YouTube.

Thats's the one. A faux pas on my behalf, I should of said 'sparkling new zealand wine' :rolleyes:

Might dump a few beers in these next time i bottle, not because i have a particular desire for champagne bottles, just because.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back