• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Rays outdoors closing down sale - kotara

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brownsworthy

Reaction score
Rays outdoors have a huge sale up to 70% off though after speaking to the manager he said if you come in next week he might do eskys for as little as $5.

They still have heaps of eskys, cooler types and square and some of the 38l crab cookers which would make a cheap biab setup and cheap gas burners.

Little birdie told me that it will not be all Rays Outdoors, as BCF has bought them out and will be re-branding most the stores as such, and shutting the rest of them.
But I am sure they will still have sales at shutting down stores and possible sales at re-brand openings

Little Birdie = wife who works for Mercury Marine and supplies BCF with some of their accessories lines

Winning, will be over that way Saturday
Will stop in and have a look

Gweedo said:
Little birdie told me that it will not be all Rays Outdoors, as BCF has bought them out and will be re-branding most the stores as such, and shutting the rest of them.
But I am sure they will still have sales at shutting down stores and possible sales at re-brand openings

Little Birdie = wife who works for Mercury Marine and supplies BCF with some of their accessories lines
Yeah my local Ray's is shutting down (Rockhampton)....BCF is in the same complex so no reason to convert.

I think the last day is the 17th and no not all Rays will be closing they are owned by the Super group who owns supercheap auto, bcf etc. and they have decided to streamline things and have more of an online presence.

Some excerpts from a SMH article.

They are obviously circling the wagons.

Super Retail Group.The company, which also owns sporting goods company Rebel, Supercheap Auto, BCF (Boating, Camping and Fishing), Ray's Outdoors and Workout World .......

Referred to (rather unkindly, I think) as the company that caters to bogans with money .....

The management also pointed out the slowing in the mining industry as a factor affecting sales. (This suggests the well-paid miners had previously been spending up on boating, fishing and camping equipment and DIY car renovation, and are now watching their pennies more closely.)

I was always had the understanding Ray's and BCF were owned by the same company. They have two stores near each other for you to choose from but they win whichever you choose.

17th? beauty, ill be home from my swing before that.

anyone noticed discounts on car fridge/freezers?

I was looking at some more Olympic weight plates not long ago and Workout World's website mentioned they're being absorbed into Rebel
Which worries me a little, the people at Workout World at Warner's Bay seemed to know what they were talking about, whereas every Rebel I've been into seems to be just gym heads who don't know all that much

Yeah there was car/camping style fridges but there was only around 3 or 4 left, engel I think, no cubes left though.

Glot said:
I was always had the understanding Ray's and BCF were owned by the same company. They have two stores near each other for you to choose from but they win whichever you choose.
Hmm, the 2 shops in Mildura are opposite each other,certain items were sold in the shop across the road.
A good way of getting people in the door.....cheeky bugga's.

Rays and bcf have been owned by the same company for many many years

There will only be 2 Ray's outdoors in NSW, and BCF did not buy them out as they are owned by the same company. I now this as my daughter works with them. The sales will be on till the 17th of this month here at the Rutherford store.
The crab cooker does make a good BIAB as I got one for that purpose.
This may of been said above if so sorry.

Rays Outdoors was originally "Ray's Tent City" and started in Geelong by a guy called Ray (obviously) and they were Vic only for a long time but gradually spread out, and I guess at that time Premium Group swooped as the stores, that were more tent oriented at that time, nicely complemented Boating Camping Slaughtering Wildlife's area of expertise.

Latest posts

Back