Racecourse Keg Lid?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chefeffect

Reaction score
I have an issue, I bought a few kegs for my old man a few years ago off ebay and one of them is a racecourse style keg. As the name implies its not a perfect oval shape lid, and it has almost flat sides and has a shape lick a racecourse.

The keg lid has a hole drilled in it and a plastic pressure release valve sits in the hole and a plastic nut tightens it under the lid. The pressure release valve is stuffed. I have called the guy numerous times and he sent me a new lid which is the standard corny oval lid which obviously doesn't fit.

Anyways its been a pain in the ass, does anyone know where I can either get a pressure release valve that will meet the description, or have a racecourse lid I can purchase? Google has not prevailed. I have contacted a few of the sponsor shops and they don't have anything that will suit my needs.

Yeah I found that too.. The page doesn't have have an option to add that product to the basket? ? It must be out of stock.. A similar picture and advertisement can be found on Amazon but its out of stock also.

Maybe flickm an email

I got mine from rotating kegs at the beer shed I think I will put it back in next time I'm low on HB and have to do a quick brew there.

Latest posts

Back