Quick survey; what's you favourite kit ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roosterboy

Reaction score
I haven't used a `kit for several years now but when I started I used Coopers , then I moved onto Morgans.
If I were asked what's the best kit to buy for the quality of beer it makes at the lowest price ( taking everything else
out of the equation ie temperature control, hops, yeast, contamination etc..), what would you recommend ?
Thanks

Coopers Original Stout as a toucan brew. You can tweak it with steeped grains, hops and adjuncts but even in its most primitive form of two cans, both kit yeasts and 19 litres of water and you get a bloody fine stout.

LAGERFRENZY said:
Coopers Original Stout as a toucan brew. You can tweak it with steeped grains, hops and adjuncts but even in its most primitive form of two cans, both kit yeasts and 19 litres of water and you get a bloody fine stout.
Good tip, especially when the colder months hit and you can enjoy a nice stout.

back in my kit days my goto was english bitter with 1kg of malt. steep with some fuggles ect. best of the kits by far.

I like the Thomas Coopers Bootmaker with 1 kg LDM, then dry hopped with about 40 Grams of Amarillo. Also Thomas Cooper Brew A with 1 kg LDM, then dry hopped with 30 grams each of Centennial, Amarillo and Cacade......a very nice drop indeed.

Probably my favourite is Black Rock Golden Ale with 1 kg LDM, and dry hopped with around 15 grams each of Amarillo and Cascade.

All brewed with recycled US-05 from the previous brew

Latest posts

Back