Question About Grain In The Wort.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rowy

Drinker of Kegs, Slayer of Fish & Ruiner of Good F
Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago I had a crack at steeping some crystal malt which I put in a brew. I won't go into how it happenned suffice to say I had a couple while I was brewing and in fact a couple even before I was brewing. Anyway some of the crystal grains got into the wort. I got most of it out but there was a bit left so I just left it in the fermenter tossed the yeast and put the lid on. I've since been reading tonight about tannins and other such nasty's. So quick question. Have I stuffed my beer and should I tip it and start again? :(

Wait and see I reckon mate. I'm not sure that you'll get tannins.

I've had grain in my fermenters and it has turned out fine.

Time will tell. Give it a week or so and try it. You'll know then.

Thanks for the quick reply mate. I'll follow your advice. I'll bottle it and see how it tastes after a couple of weeks.

A couple of weeks ago I had a crack at steeping some crystal malt which I put in a brew. I won't go into how it happenned suffice to say I had a couple while I was brewing and in fact a couple even before I was brewing. Anyway some of the crystal grains got into the wort. I got most of it out but there was a bit left so I just left it in the fermenter tossed the yeast and put the lid on. I've since been reading tonight about tannins and other such nasty's. So quick question. Have I stuffed my beer and should I tip it and start again? :(
Relax, have a few more, it'll be fine

Latest posts

Back