Queenslanders,

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black Dog Brewery

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have been asked to take over operations for our QLD branch. What I was wondering is what is a good location if I was to accept. I was considering both Brisbane and the coast. What I wanted to know is which the good suburbs with good facilities are and what sort of rent it would be for a 4 br house? I would want a catholic primary school close by etc. Any advice would be appreciated.

The only downside to this move is the fire sale for my gear!!

Thanks in advance.

Cheers BDB

Hey BDB,

I can't help you with Catholics Schools since my last restraining order but when I moved up from Sydney I was looking around Brisneyland and there were pleny of nice areas to move to. I thought about living down in Sufferers Parasite, but most of my work was going to be in Brissy.

Congrats on the move - you won't regret it. Will you be able to come to the swap?

And don't sell you gear!

Sean.

Hey Incider,

I was thinking the same re the coast. Big drive each day to the office (bribane) but life isnt about monday to friday. As for selling the gear, Ross said the otherday he hasnt brewed for many months so I figure I will just use his!! :icon_cheers:

There are always schools around I just dont want to move to a dodgy area.

Cheers BDB

There's always Redcliffe.
No longer Inala-by-the-sea and a Catholic School on every corner. The drive in and out to Brisbane can be a bit of a bugger at peak times but if you are able to vary your hours it's not a problem.
Prices probably a bit cheaper than in Brissy.

Campbell
no affiliation etc :D

We moved up to the gold Coast from Sydney 5 years ago and haven't looked back. The life style is absolutely great!

Some areas you might like to consider on the Northern end of the coast (which is about a 45 minute drive to Brisvegas); Hope Island, Oyster Cove, Monterey Keys, Arundel Hills.

There are some good schools in the area, public Helensvale, private schools several including St. Stevens, St Hilders, AB Paterson, Coomera Anglican.

If you are looking to rent, I believe that rentals at the moment are really quite high and depending upon area you are looking at high $300's as a minimum.
Where ever you choose I am sure that you will be happy up here.

Cheers AC

Most Northside are good. Really depends on how much you want to pay and how close you want your neighbours, how big or if you want to be close to water.

Cheers Brad

There's always Redcliffe.
No longer Inala-by-the-sea and a Catholic School on every corner.

Campbell
no affiliation etc :D

I heard that Inala is getting better....those that used to steal cars there have moved.....to Ipswich.. :lol:

Plenty of cath. schools on the gold coast - they're all pretty big though.

Can be tough for kids settling into them I've found if they're used to smaller schools.

If I [and it's a BIG IF] was [forced] to move to Brissie it would the north side around Stafford, Gordon Park, Chermside and the berbs just north of there.

If I had to move to Brissy, I'd move here: 3285 Logan Road, Underwood Brisbane, Queensland 4119.

There's probably a school nearby.

If I had to move to Brissy, I'd move here: 3285 Logan Road, Underwood Brisbane, Queensland 4119.

Dont worry Ross will probably think I have!!

Thanks for all the names - now google can do some work

Cheers BDB

Incider....you are just weird...

Why would you want to live next door to a Home Brew Shop :unsure:

Where is your office/work location? If it's in the CBD then go Northside. I'm currently as outer outer as you can get at Bribie Island but even so I can drive to the Valley where I work (admittedly I work offpeak hours) in 55 mins on a good run. 20 mins to the station with express trains direct to city in rush hour, and there's a Catholic school in Caboolture with a school bus to the Island. Currently renting a 4br 2 bathroom one street from the calm side beach for $320 which is about average for here.

Advantages: great beaches, bushland and island life. Perfect air quality, you can stand on the beach, look South and marvel at the brown haze covering Brisbane most days now. Low crime rate (don't lock my car and don't own a bike lock when I park it outside the IGA) and 24hr copshop about to open soon. Rents cheap because renters prefer to be near facilities like the station / Kmart etc. Good shopping on the Island now with a Target, ALDI, etc. Pop up to Caloundra in 45 mins, or to Morayfield, Kmart BigW Megaplex movies 20 mins.

Disadvantages: distance, petrol, train crush if commuting. Shortage of GPs at the moment. Danger of being bowled over by mobs of octogenarians on mobility scooters. :eek:

Hey Bribie,

Office is in Paddington, apparently with a view of Suncorp. I guess I will need to try and understand that funny game you guys play up there!!!!

Petrol isnt an issue as its all paid for although coming from Adelaide a 60min drive sounds like hell. I have been to Bribie and it is nice - I would like to be near the sea as I am here in Adelaide.

I have a rental supplied by work for a couple of months so I will get out and about and get a feel for the areas. What is Indooroopilly like? I have heard Bulimba is nice - Is it good there r just overpriced etc??

I have 2 days to sign the papers - Not quite there but my bet is Im heading to QLD

Cheers BDB

BDB,

just saw this topic. I can recommend Kenmore in the Western Suburbs. In the Western part of Kenmore, there is Our Lady of the Rosary primary school, which has a pretty good rep, from what I hear. Drive to Paddington would be about 20mins peak hour. I live down the road from the school, so if you move here, we can share rides to BABBs meetings :)

Cheers - Snow.

Incider....you are just weird...

Why would you want to live next door to a Home Brew Shop

ROFL

Ive heard moving to QLD is just worth it for the Christmas Swap!

Latest posts

Back