Quarter Full Kegs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul d

Reaction score
Gooday PD i need some help. When a keg is down to just a few litres left, and sits in the fridge for a week or so , when i come back and try to pour from it, it has alot more head and is very frothy. Should i lower the pour pressure or perhaps should i have left the keg in the fridge NOT connected to the gas.
To fix the keg that is pouring very frothy should i try to degas it abit? Appreciate your help. PD

It sounds like it's over carbing when not in use. I would suggest that perhaps your pressure is a little high or you could try just turning the gas bottle off when you aren't using it. I always do that anyway just in case there's a leak somewhere.

Gooday PD i need some help. When a keg is down to just a few litres left, and sits in the fridge for a week or so , when i come back and try to pour from it, it has alot more head and is very frothy. Should i lower the pour pressure or perhaps should i have left the keg in the fridge NOT connected to the gas.
To fix the keg that is pouring very frothy should i try to degas it abit? Appreciate your help. PD

your dispensing pressure is too high & hence the beer is gradually getting more & more carbonated.
You need to set your pouring pressure to the pressure you wish to carbonate your kegs to.
There are easy to follow guides/calculators in the wiki section of the forum.
If you get stuck - just ask :)

Cheers Ross

When my kegs are getting low, i turn the gas off, still enough pressure to pour it all the way to empty.

thanks ross,the pressure is a bit high so i have lowered it and lowered the pressure in the keg

keifer does that cause a problem with the carbonation levels ie. does the beer go flat in the glass

So you just let a bit of gas out using the relief valve on the keg? Ive an APA thats doing the same. I leave the gas turned off until serving pressure gets a bit low and then give it a couple of seconds squirt.
Cheers
Steve

Latest posts

Back