Qld Xmas 2012 Case Swap..Venue Changed

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
7.06 PM after the swap and no photos.

Hang your heads in shame.

shame.jpg

Too busy drinking to take photos ;)

Too busy drinking to take photos ;)

Yep, me too. There's a few on facebook now, but there was not a steady hand to be had by 3pm.. :rolleyes: and by 3am there was nothing steady except consumption and regular patrols by FNQ Bunyip looking for InCider... who cowardly did as he always does and slipped away into the night...

Exactly ;). And by too busy drinking, I meant sleeping and hiding, of course.

Exactly ;). And by too busy drinking, I meant sleeping and hiding, of course.

When I woke up, you were so close to me I think I may need this....

pregnancy_test_positive.jpg

I am pretty sure you weren't there when I surrendered....

Cambell had some coasters made...
155905_10151149538175458_116853455_n.jpg

Some QLD Case Swap History (and it's true what is says about Troydo!)
537655_10151149537445458_1607533144_n.jpg

On arrival...
780_10151149538355458_1728467653_n.jpg

Pity the Ipswich Mardi Gras was on the same day, would have loved to see Browndog & Bonj.

Air was clean (thanks Tidal Pete) :D

Bert's cheeks tasted the best! :party:

Was very disappointed you'd crashed when I skyped Sean :angry: but at least I got to meet Ned's Dad :beerbang:.

Looked like the usual cracker of a Swap - good on you guys. Great to see a few of the old faces again - skype beats the hell out of the old phone calls. Still looking forward to the pics though :D.

Hope all went smoothly for you Bruce and Renae and that by some miracle, today wasn't too bad of a clean-up. You two are legends!

:super:
Pat

So how many swappers did we end up with?

1. Gav21 -
2. Gav21's friend -
4.Bradsbrew- Mild bitter ale- Only bottled on day of swap give it 2-4 weeks.
7. NickB -
8. Stillscottish - Passionfruit-infused Belgian Wit
9. King Brown - Something big and stinky and IPAish -
12. _WALLACE_ - Work unfortuneately got in the way sorry
13. BPH87 -
14. Scoundrelrogue -
15. BPH87's Friend - Summer Ale
16. Kegs23 -
17. Parks - Doppelbock -
20. Aydos - very Black Stouty IIPA
21. tazman1967 - Red Rye IPA
22. Bazza - Bazza's Smokey Bacon Ale

Thanks Bruce and Rene for a great night again. Great to catch up with everyone again. Was feeling a bit dusty when i left this morning, but a couple hours sleep this arvo sorted me out!

A few of these shots retrieved some memories.....

mmmmm...pig.....
IMAG0336.jpg

IMAG0331.jpg

Yes Sqyre... it's all muscle :rolleyes:
IMAG0330.jpg

Cheers - Snow.

King Brown showing how it's done
IMAG0328.jpg

Stillscottish showing yours truly how to play the bagpipes
IMAG0349.jpg

Now I get it!
IMAG0354.jpg

Was very disappointed you'd crashed when I skyped Sean but at least I got to meet Ned's Dad :

Looked like the usual cracker of a Swap - good on you guys. Great to see a few of the old faces again - skype beats the hell out of the old phone calls. Still looking forward to the pics though :D.

Hope all went smoothly for you Bruce and Renae and that by some miracle, today wasn't too bad of a clean-up. You two are legends!

:super:
Pat

I was awake when you skyped Patch, but had slipped through a tear in the fabric of the space/time continuum... (hiding from Ned, who was keen a having a second pig on a spit methinks!)

The RBT that Florian missed was not there when I sped through, BUT I had to sit next to QLD's finest at maccas after fuelling up at a servo at Calamvale...and the fumes were mine... **** them, they can take my sheep, but they can never take my FREEEEEEDOM! :beerbang:

So I distinctly remember InCider's rendition of khe sanh a few years back, surely it would have been revived around 3am?
Looks like it was a great show! Really gotta make a trek to Qld again one day. One swap in Qld has memories that outlast the few I've been down to here.

BYB

Good piggy
IMG_1533.jpg

Best man cave ever built
IMG_1534.jpg

Snow checking out scottish's bag
IMG_1561.jpg

The lesson begins
IMG_1564.jpg

A new master? No :lol:
IMG_1581.jpg

-- Brad, we ended up with 14 swap bottles which was your list minus WALLACE.

Thanks for a great day boys...
Everyone was well behaved except for nickb who forgot which swap he was at and went to bed at 9:30pm... :lol:
FNQBunyip and Florian battled it out for the last one standing which Ned reckons he saw Florian pass out in a chair at 5am. ( but it may have been some kind of German tactic to make Ned drop his guard...)

Big thanks to all the boys who brought an awesome array of homebrewed and commercial beers...

No thanks to incider who rode off on his bike while everyone was in a coma...

I will post a few pics when i finally get off the dialysis machine...

But heres a snippet of the video link to pistol patch...
LINK

Sqyre...
Ps.. The video was taken around midnight i believe and yes the neigbors love the pipes..

Hey! At least I beat Dan ;)

i did a sneaky ,and made it to my car for a nap some time after 9pm, and then took off at 5am for the drive home where i found my way to my way more comfy bed at home for 2 more hours of needed sleep before hosting a 13th birthday party for my nephew,

Back