Qld Xmas 2012 Case Swap..Venue Changed

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have a good one fellas! Can't make it but Florian has my swaps.

Cheers

Shafting time on Bruceys big deck

photo.JPG

Where do you want it Ned? This is the new updated model!! The last one from memory didn't get through the Brisbane airport security.... :angry:

I am unable to attend this time but give my best to all you attendees. :party: I'm getting on as you well know...
Pete, I can't believe you won't be there. I can see now why Batz isn't going, he doesn't have you to navigate for him :lol:. (I can still remember Batz's post about your journey to the Swap a few years back!) Make sure you two make it next year. With you navigating, you can probably pick Katie and me up on the way :unsure:.

Good health to you mate (and altstart) and, to all the rest of you, well, I don't think health applies today :rolleyes:.

Pete, I can't believe you won't be there. I can see now why Batz isn't going, he doesn't have you to navigate for him :lol:. (I can still remember Batz's post about your journey to the Swap a few years back!) Make sure you two make it next year. With you navigating, you can probably pick Katie and me up on the way :unsure:.

Good health to you mate (and altstart) and, to all the rest of you, well, I don't think health applies today :rolleyes:.

Thanks Renae & Sqyre, and Ned - bloody ripper swap as always, great to see all the lads, new and old, and Bert on the spit. Great to see Nick B stay up until 9pm!

Now to work out who put prawns in my bag.... :lol:

Ned - I heard you calling out to me all night...'Where is that bald prick InCider?' haha... I was asleep not far from you, laying still, not daring to move, lest I got gaffer taped to the railing...

InCider

thank you for a great day and a little bit of the night before i went and found my uncomfortable bed in the back of the car,i must say bert tasted pretty dam good aswell as the snags done in the smoker,,,all beer i tasted was top notch,haveing trouble getting pics off my phone but will post some pics as soon as i can,,now i have to get ready for the family to come around and party here today,weekend are to short when you have stuff on both days,
kegs

Thanks to Bruce and Renae for another great night! Pike out a little later than usual, but feeling good now ;)

Good to catch up with the regulars, and a few newbies.

Cheers

Thanks to Bruce and Renae for another great night! Pike out a little later than usual, but feeling good now ;)

Good to catch up with the regulars, and a few newbies.

Cheers
Good to see you fleetingly on the skype yesterday arvo, Nick. I'm pretty sure I saw InCider too, which shouldn't surprise me. Someone turns on a camera somewhere and InCider appears out of nowhere!

Thanks again to Renae and Bruce for a great afternoon and night, was good catching up with everyone again, seeing a few new ones and some of the locals. Bert was fantastic, especially those strips of belly that Bruce kept throwing me, thanks!

Enjoyed the purification tour as well, good stuff. And some of those skype randoms were pretty funny.

Glad I escaped the RBT in Jimboomba on the way back, both cars in front of me got pulled over. Hope everyone else got through OK.

Now I just have to get through the day somehow, definitely felt better this morning...

Glad you got home safe Florian.. so you can have a sneaky dip tube session :) :)

Good to see you fleetingly on the skype yesterday arvo, Nick. I'm pretty sure I saw InCider too, which shouldn't surprise me. Someone turns on a camera somewhere and InCider appears out of nowhere!

Yes, I was on form Bonj, you missed a great night... thank **** there were no marker pens out.

And you might want to ask Nick B about wandering about in the dark... :lol:

And Zizzle was at 10,000ft drinking a beer...

And I did see Campbell wandering around this morning.. probably bitten to within and inch of his life by mossies like I was... but he was looking at using Bert's skin from the bin as a flesh mask... quite unsettling at 4.50am...
:eek: :eek:

So how many swappers did we end up with?

1. Gav21 -
2. Gav21's friend -
4.Bradsbrew- Mild bitter ale- Only bottled on day of swap give it 2-4 weeks.
7. NickB -
8. Stillscottish - Passionfruit-infused Belgian Wit
9. King Brown - Something big and stinky and IPAish -
12. _WALLACE_ -
13. BPH87 -
14. Scoundrelrogue -
15. BPH87's Friend - Summer Ale
16. Kegs23 -
17. Parks - Doppelbock -
20. Aydos - very Black Stouty IIPA
21. tazman1967 - Red Rye IPA
22. Bazza - Bazza's Smokey Bacon Ale

Yes, I was on form Bonj, you missed a great night... thank **** there were no marker pens out.

And you might want to ask Nick B about wandering about in the dark... :lol:

And Zizzle was at 10,000ft drinking a beer...

And I did see Campbell wandering around this morning.. probably bitten to within and inch of his life by mossies like I was... but he was looking at using Bert's skin from the bin as a flesh mask... quite unsettling at 4.50am...
:eek: :eek:
Sounds like another top swap at the Sqyres. The IBUs had a top day too, be we remarked that we should endeavour to ensure the IBU xmas party/pub crawl and the swap never coincide again.... Two top beer events are better than one! Although based on how I'm feeling today, perhaps we should also ensure they're separated by a couple of weeks :p

So how many swappers did we end up with?

1. Gav21 -
2. Gav21's friend -
4.Bradsbrew- Mild bitter ale- Only bottled on day of swap give it 2-4 weeks.
7. NickB -
8. Stillscottish - Passionfruit-infused Belgian Wit
9. King Brown - Something big and stinky and IPAish -
12. _WALLACE_ -
13. BPH87 -
14. Scoundrelrogue -
15. BPH87's Friend - Summer Ale
16. Kegs23 -nelson summer ale
17. Parks - Doppelbock -
20. Aydos - very Black Stouty IIPA
21. tazman1967 - Red Rye IPA
22. Bazza - Bazza's Smokey Bacon Ale

i think ill be taking all my swap beers to a friends xmas pool party in 2 weeks will be good for them to have a taste of meny good different beers than they a used to,and mabe that might make some of them come to my house a start brewing up,

Latest posts

Back