Qld Meets - Secret Brewers Business?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was not suggesting every meeting, maybe once a year!! :lol: having said that InCider, my wife is keen to get that recipe for the chillie sauce you made, we finally finished the bottle yesterday, she uses it in her Curries, spaghetti, pizza, and Chillie con carne. She thinks it's the best chillie sauce she has ever tried.

Cheers
Andrew

Andrew - great idea. Some events can be gazetted as events gastronomique. I do think that some of the partners would like to know what we get up to.

But for the other 'dos' I will come out and say it now. I was to play up, drink, swear, cuss, smoke, sing, yell, berate, be berated, natter, gawk, chinwag and generally enjoy myself. :beerbang: I feel bloody terrible when I say things like 'HTFU' in front of the ladies like a man on the edge of a saturday night VB precipice, and want to be somewhere I am not judged for who I am, just what I brew. There have been some great ladies at our events :wub: - Julie, Mrs Winkle (got your SMS!), Renae (Mrs Sqyre), Marie (Mrs Bindi and of course Mrs Screwtop Margaret. This opportunity is best taken to apologise for a rampant potty mouth. Sorry :(

And whatever we discuss on this forum is irrelvant, as we will sort it out on our grapevine... he he he...

InCider.

Andrew beat me to it. this is really a Brewerhood discussion & should be discussed by the members only.

BTW. How come there has been no new members lately? Or for that matter, no action on the website? Just trying to get a little action here. ;)

:beer:

I've joined the Brewerhood just this week mate!

Haven't noticed my name on the website though....Who's responsible for this travesty???? Heads must ROLL...... :angry:

Anyway, my girlfriend couldn't care less about my hobby..... She doesn't even drink much herself.....

Each to their own though, I guess :)

My other half usually wants to go to this sort of thing, mainly since she's used to piss ups and the behaviour that comes with it, and to stop me throwing brown-eyes inappropately. Our meetings aren't as yobbo-ish as some Army mess functions shes been to. That said she has finally figured out why she gets invited for a drive down to Carbrook to pick up (insert any beer related purchase), so I reckon she'll eventually get sick of gatherings where drunken brewers are gibbering about all things beerish. Maybe have some open, some not - over to the other forum.

Great post Ned!

I reckon the more women the better on the proviso that they at least consider sleeping with me.

Bearing this in mind maybe just sisters and sisters-in-law?

No, seriously, I reckon Ned has hit the hammer on the nail's donkey ;) Some women are great at blokes do's and should be allowed to all bloke's dos. Others might really enjoy the once a year thingo as suggested. Let's face it, none of you guys look good at bedtime.

I think the topic is worthy of at least another thousand posts though. No point rushing the big issues. Personally, I'd find some photos of your sisters and sisters-in-law quite useful before forming any set opinion.

;)
Pat

Bring on the ladies I say. I'm not one to discriminate for any reason, and I don't see a reason to here. If they want to come along, then by all means let them. If they're bored out of their skulls, they won't make the same mistake twice. If they enjoy themselves, then great.

Interesting thread. I've been away for a week, so I've come back to all of this. I specifically made it known that partners are encouraged to come along to my 30th "Festival of Bonj". Some guys obviously don't want their partners at the meets. I say it's up to you.

I've joined the Brewerhood just this week mate!

Haven't noticed my name on the website though....Who's responsible for this travesty???? Heads must ROLL...... :angry:

Anyway, my girlfriend couldn't care less about my hobby..... She doesn't even drink much herself.....

Each to their own though, I guess

Nick,

I honestly don't know why your name hasn't been added? How did you join?
By email? To who? Tell us the story by email. Will PM you the addy if you don't have it.
Hope we can get this sorted out ASAP.

I think the website is one of those things that probably won't get updated that often. I think Mobrien is the person to talk to about the website. Perhaps if the brewerhood wants it to be updated more often, we should organise a small group of website admins.

Also, if we want a mailing list with a single address, so we don't have to remember or know every address or member, I can set one up. Easy as.
That way all that is required for membership is a request to join the list, and approval from a moderator.

And all this sort of stuff that people prefer to not be in a public forum, can be discussed between members.

Just a thought.... and apologies for the hi-jack.

Nick,

I honestly don't know why your name hasn't been added? How did you join?
By email? To who? Tell us the story by email. Will PM you the addy if you don't have it.
Hope we can get this sorted out ASAP.

Sorry for the Hijack as well! I just emailed the address on the brewerhood site. [email protected]
Did get a response, just no name on the site!

I'm not too worried though! I'll still turn up to the events :)

And yeah, I guess we'd better keep all this in email/PM form from here on in, might bore some of those who aren't in Qld...

Just tell the missus straight yea love ya welcome to come with me just be warned I'm gonna be off mingling with me brewer mates and their is a bloody good chance your going to be bored senceless! And if she still decides to come well then it's on her when she gets bored, as soon as I start woffling on about brewing my missus eyes glaze over and a bit of drool starts seeping out the corner if her mouth so I'm relatively safe anyway. Think of it this way my missus favorite hobby I guess you could call it is to go to brunch with the girls and she knows not to invite me because I'd quitly slip into a coma and drown in my mug of coffee and she knows the same thing will happen to her when I'm doing brewing related stuff...... let the missus come to one and I reckon she'd be that bored she'd never want to come to another one again!! P.s not a qld brew member just thought I'd drop me 2 cents worth. Cheers from W.A

Sent from my SM-G930F using Aussie Home Brewer mobile app

Last edited:
Hahaha true didn't even notice... poped up In my notices for reason! I'll have to pay closer attention to dates in the future [emoji16]

Back