Qld: Job Position - Burleigh Brewing

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ross

CraftBrewer
Reaction score
Brewers - Burleigh Brewing have asked me to post the following job position:

Seeking a Junior Brewer to join our team

Production growth means that we are now seeking to add to our dedicated, hard-working and good-beer-appreciating brewing team!
To be considered for this Junior Brewer position on our team you will need:
Some experience in a micro or craft brewery setting or if not in brewing, in an industry in which you will have been exposed to some of the basic skills required to operate our equipment/machinery and a sound understanding of / appreciation for the need to be fastidious about hygiene and hygienic manufacturing practices
Fabulous attention to detail
An enthusiastic and motivated approach
Able to keep accurate records and complete paperwork as instructed
The ability to follow instructions to the letter but also the ability to think in a logical and creative manner when required
A mechanical mind and a working knowledge / ability with basic tools
A willingness to tackle any task requested while brewing is definitely a job to love, there will be days that are tiring, physical and not very glamorous. (But the beer at the end of the day tastes darn good.)
Available to work full-time, with some particularly long days and some weekend work thrown in.
You must qualify residentially to work in Australia.
Our aim for the right candidate will be to develop you to a stage where you can be responsible for fermentation / cellaring / basic lab work and, ultimately, a packaging team leader.
If you think you fit the bill, and if you are interested in becoming a long-term member of a dynamic team that is forging a new path in the Queensland brewing scene, wed like to hear from you.
To apply, please forward your resume, together with details of previous experience and referee contact details, to [email protected] asap (and before 14 April 2009).

Sounds like a great opportunity for some lucky person!

Does AG at home count as a 'micro brewery' experience? :lol:

Edit: Spelling.

Burleigh do make a darn nice wheat beer at the moment. Shame the gig is in bananaland.

Hopper.

Man, is this tempting me or what? I'm seriously considering this...although wondering if I'd qualify for the first point - I've got pharmacy and horticultural experience (think large coolrooms) and am a keen mechanic and brewer, but haven't really worked in a microbrewery or anything like that.

Perhaps I should just fire off a resume...

Cheers - boingk

:icon_drool2: :icon_drool2: ahhh my dream job, if i may ask ross, what does Micro/ Craft entail ?

is limited homebrew AG experience enough ?

PS. got to call you about those 70's beers i got.

:icon_drool2: :icon_drool2: ahhh my dream job, if i may ask ross, what does Micro/ Craft entail ?

is limited homebrew AG experience enough ?

PS. got to call you about those 70's beers i got.

If you are a keen homebrewer & have most of the qualities they are asking for, you'd have to be in with a good shout :)

cheers ross

edit: Being local won't do your chances any harm either.

Lucky for me, I'll be on a flying visit to the Gold Coast which means that Friday night will be Duke time. :beerbang:

Will any other AHBers be there???

Latest posts

Back