QD supplier

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shjbrown

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am looking into delving into the world of quick disconnects. Can anyone suggest a good supplier?

I swear I used to see them on BeerBelly and CraftBrewer website, but cannot find them now.

Can anyone comment on quality? I have seen some discussion about the ones from KegKing leaking, it this an ongoing issue?

As I understand, once I lock into a brand, inter compatibility is limited?

Thanks!

-Simon

CMB and Cornellius are good brands. I know Grain and Grape stock Cornelius QDs. Craftbrewer stock some quality ones also although I am not sure of brand: look under kegging.

Just to clarify, I want quick connects for my brewery hosing etc. Not for kegs. Thanks all!

Site sponsors -

Online Brewing Supplies have camlocks and quick disconnects.
Connor Breware and National Homebrew have quick disconnects

Full Pint also have camlocks

I've heard of quick disconnects leaking, but not camlocks. I use camlocks myself and strongly recommend them.

* No affiliation with the above but expecting discounts nevertheless

I've got a stack of quick disconnects from Online Brewing Supplies, they have a silicone sealing rings and I have never had any problems with leaks.

Just as a side note, I have both camlocks and QD's and haven't had leaking issues with either.

The only thing I'd suggest is that it's easier to remove camlocks over QD's when you have been pumping hot/boiling liquid through them. It's a bit easier opening the camlock securing arms (not sure what to call them?) to disconnect the hoses rather than needing to really get a good grip on the QD's to disconnect them.

Got all my ss QD's from CraftBrewer a few years ago after being told by others that CraftBrewer stocked them as they probably still do?
Very happy with their after-sales solutions if\when any hassles do occur. :super:

With CraftBrewer, all you see is definitely not all you can purchase from them unfortunately.

C'mon Ross, where's that new website you've been promising us for years? :p

Back