Putting Beer On Tap At The Bar

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony

Quality over Quantity
Reaction score
I have just bought a house with a bar in it.

This bar was not designed around a big chest freezer that holds 4 kegs.

I would love to put beer on tap so i can pull beers from the bar instead if going to a fridge in the garage.

the tap in the garage would stay as my every day tap but a beer or 2 at the bar would be grouse.

The delema i have is where to put the kegs!

there is only a small space under there big enough for a little bar fridge.

MEasurements:

840mm high
500mm wide
380mm deep

I cnat see myself fitting a keg in there let alone a small ghest freezer.

I have a little 140 liter freezer but it wont fit under there.

I scored a single font and tap "at the right price" $free but dont think i am going to get it hooked up :(

does anyone have any idead or a similar set up i can see.

cheers

Get rid of all those wine racks for a start Tony. What do you want those for anyway? :D

And those beer mats need binning as well tony :) nah j/k mate i got one in my collection too!
Looks like you may have to run lines from another location perhaps? Looks like a classy setup you got there.

thats nothing mate

under the stairs the previos owner hads installed previsions for about 500 bottles

he had about 900 in the house when we inspected it

I had to remove all these wire racks from behind the bar. I left those couse we like a bottle of wine with a roast or a BBQ lunch with the family sometimes

I did think of taking out the shelf at the front but then yoou would have a big freezer jutting out........ that would suck

cheers

I'm wondering if you could treat it like a party setup. A bar fridge with a stainless steel coil inside, immersed in a bucket of water... leaving the keg outside the fridge?

840 high should fit a keg. My corny keg measures about 640... the disconnects shouldn't take up the difference.

Keep us posted.

a bar fridge and :blink: bottles :blink: of beer. :eek: oh the labour, the scrubbing, the tell tale empties everywhere... cancel that Tony.

You can probably find a cooler place for the wine like you suggested, so FO <_< the wine racks, I'd suggest one of those really skinny new chest freezers from the big K. (can fit one leg of lamb and one packet of frozen chips in it.)
But i reckon you'd fit a glycol sump and 1 keg in one (hopefully, with a measure before purchase).

You need to find yourself a temprite Tony!

Should probably tuck itself away up the end there somewhere, then just sit a couple of cornies under the bar and you're good to go.

something like this

And what's with the Extra Dry in the case - saving it for a special occasion? :p

Maybe you could cut the wine rack in the middle and prop it up, then use the space to put in a freezer. A 150 litre should fit in there, and i think you could fit in 2 kegs.
Hmm i have a 150litre freezer, hmmm.
Eric

Small chest freezer on the other side of the bar. Run the lines through the side of the freezer under the bar. Cover them in some of the black fridgy insulation stuff to keep them cool.

cheers

Darren

Dig in a coolroom under the house and pump it up through the floor boards!!!

:beerbang: :beerbang:
Small chest freezer on the other side of the bar. Run the lines through the side of the freezer under the bar. Cover them in some of the black fridgy insulation stuff to keep them cool.

cheers

Darren

That's it Tony,what's behind the bar? Something you can demolish to fit in a freezer...kitchen,bedroom,bathroom...gotta get your priorities right

Batz

tear all that shite out, that wood looks disgusting
put in some plastic tarp, a sprinkler and a pole with some lights shining on it
run some Cellis out of the pole
the plastic as a drip tray.....what?
what were you thinking?

tear all that shite out, that wood looks disgusting
put in some plastic tarp, a sprinkler and a pole with some lights shining on it
run some Cellis out of the pole
the plastic as a drip tray.....what?
what were you thinking?

This has got to be the best idea yet!!!!!
I'm with you Tangent, and who doesn't love plastic tarp! :D

Tony you are still useing 50lt kegs aren't you? For a long time I used the 50's and had them at room temp and had a coil or 2 in the fridge as a tempright. With a nice set up like that I'm sure you could find a comercial temprite and fit in there no probs..

That looks like an exterior wall behind the bar could you put a lean to on the wall outside to protect a fridge or frezzer and mount your taps on the brick work behind. maybe build a coolroom outside and knock a doorway though to it with taps in the coolroom door..

Or move the bar out a bit more and go the whole hog.

:beer:

What's behind that brick wall, Tony? Maybe you could put your freezer on the other side and run the beer lines throught the wall....

Cheers - Snow.

Tony,

You could be a little different like this guy on Brewboard. Looks pretty sweet with taps coming through the bricks.

Cheers.

DSC02019.jpg

If you are using cornies and only intend using the bar tap irregularly, why not simply use an insulated (ie foam wrapped) bin that will hold a keg and some ice, only a short beer line is required then and clean up is a piece of piss B) .

Id buy another small chest freezer and put some glycol mix with a copper coil and a pump. Then you could get some glycol lines and run it from where ever you have the space.. Not to mention a frozen font. Have a look at the andale or lancer sites for your beer lines. I get a lot of my stuff from them and they are often cheap then hb stores.

nick

this is my bar setup, 3 taps through the wall to a fridge outside on the patio.
Bar_002.jpg

Back