Putting Beer On Tap At The Bar

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just have a plastic jerry on the 'hump' of my freezer,I think you will find 80% of people have their flooded font tank in their beer serving freezer.
And you won't need to go to glycol for this,I just use salty water,my font has lots of condensation and looks great.

Batz

Ditto to the above, except it's not a jerry but the largest rectanglular plastic tub that would fit on the "hump" I could find for the pond pump, if it's going to be a big session with people over I place frozen freezer blocks in the water so the font does not become a heat sink [is that the right term <_< ] I don't need them for an hour or two, but a "session" :party: , also a computer fan comes on with the pump using a timer at beeroclock.

also a computer fan comes on with the pump using a timer at beeroclock.

Pump runs on a timer so the font is all frosted at beeroclock :beer:
You have a problem bindi :party:
But so do I,great idea mate,gotta do the same !

Batz

Ahhhhhhhhh cool (pun intended :))

A 25 liter plastic cube fits nicly on the hump.

I turned up the thermostat to as warm as it would go and it still froze.

I have a couple of spare omron temp controllers sitting around so i will put a box under the bar and wire in digital temperatire control.
I invisage a PT100 in a 2 liter bottle of metho (wont rust, go mouldy or damage the probe....ever) amongst the kegs. this will give me liquid temp in the freezer and a 10 amp relay can switch the power to the freezer to keep it spot on.

I can leave the freezers thermostat as is and when the coke bottle is at temp the controller will cut out the freezer.

This is the same method i use to brew in my firmenter fridge and it works very very well.

and i if i want the beer cooler, i just dial it in from behind the bar :)

cheers guys....... youve made my night :)

ooooooooooo im getting excited

edit: I have thought about the timer idea too....... i guess it would save power through the day.

turn it on at 3 or 4 in the arvo on weekdays and at 6am on the weekend :) hehehehehe

Hey bindi.......... where did you get the drip tray? I rand andale about a recesed drip tray to catch the condensation from the flooded font and they quoted me............ you sitting down.................. $862

i was stunned. a couple bits of presses stainless doesnt cost that much!

cheers

Ahhhhhhhhh cool (pun intended :))

Hey bindi.......... where did you get the drip tray? I rand andale about a recesed drip tray to catch the condensation from the flooded font and they quoted me............ you sitting down.................. $862

i was stunned. a couple bits of presses stainless doesnt cost that much!

cheers

Bought the font with the drip tray and taps [now changed] and lines on evilBay over a year ago for [and I can't remember :( ] for less then $400 .

Hi folks.

Well after 1 month of stress, an ebay dispute and some nasty phone calls, my font turned up.

It aint new but for $164 im not going to complain :p

OK. here is the plan.

I am going to mount it in the middle of the main front section of the bar. not to the side closest to the freezer as origionally planned.

I have worked out i will need 1.8 meters of beer line out if the freezer to the font to do this. I took this much beer line and found it only held about 3/4 of an inch worth of beer in a schooner so considering its going to be run with cold lines through a flooded font, in not too worried.

I am going to have to take to the bar with a jigsaw though.

The upper lip is going to have a notch cut in it to accomidate the font so a drip tray can be fitted without it overhanging the edge.

I have plans for a custom built drip tray as one that i want is just not available.

I am also goind to get a metal (SS or chromed something) lip made up to fit the cut out wood in the top part of the bar to dress up the cut out bit.

Its all in my head at the moment but over the comming months i will pics away at it as time permits.

I will keep you all posted.

OH........ I have also started a colection of tap tops representing the styles i usually have on top.

I got this great wooden porter tap top and the collection will grow.

cheers

Font_1__624_x_416_.jpg

font_2__624_x_416_.jpg

new_tap_top__416_x_624_.jpg

I am going to mount it in the middle of the main front section of the bar.
cheers

MMM interesting :p
Sorry couldn't help myself. To much tasting going on here on a Friday night.

BYB

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Im going to stop posting on here in case i make a mistake.

Just stick with the rice gulls :)

other than that.......... i admit it...... i cant type..... no i can type, i just dont bother with corecting. and sometimes that can lead to funny words hey :)

Jazman............. come back........... they are picking one me

Scored a pump to flod the font and a nice becks drip tray off ebay.

The pump is about the same size as a march pump and its specs read that its suited to pumping chilled fluids

I got the pump for $70 and the font cost $30 aus delivered from england

Will be starting the install soon

cheers

pump_for_font__Large_.JPG

becks_drip_tray__Large_.JPG

Weeeeeeeeeelllllll 6 months on and its starting to move ahead. Ive been buisy and broke ;)

The becks drip tray got sold on ebay and i got another one...... an old SS pub one for $30

I ditched the busted arse base that would have leaked and got a custom base made to hold the tray and flooded font. IT has a drain to hook a tube up under the bar to a bottle to catch the dregs and they even kicked it to help it all run to the drain. Rolled "safe edges" and made from 304 SS. they even put little spot welded tabs in to hold the tray in one spot. Im very very happy with the job.

Cost me $75 :D

with the perferated tray insert and flooded cobra font with taps...... its cost me $274 so far

Thats cheap i recon

cheers

tray_base.jpg

trat_together.jpg

under_tray.jpg

font_and_tray.jpg

Weeeeeeeeeelllllll 6 months on and its starting to move ahead. Ive been buisy and broke ;)

The becks drip tray got sold on ebay and i got another one...... an old SS pub one for $30

I ditched the busted arse base that would have leaked and got a custom base made to hold the tray and flooded font. IT has a drain to hook a tube up under the bar to a bottle to catch the dregs and they even kicked it to help it all run to the drain. Rolled "safe edges" and made from 304 SS. they even put little spot welded tabs in to hold the tray in one spot. Im very very happy with the job.

Cost me $75 :D

with the perferated tray insert and flooded cobra font with taps...... its cost me $274 so far

Thats cheap i recon

cheers

hows the bar build going Tony ?

just starting to get mine underway and i'd be interested to see any pics you have of the beer lines installed, python etc.

Cheers
Yard

Latest posts

Back