Purchased A Kegerator

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have none of the above. But after pricing up buying one of these then some kegs and disconnects there wasn't much in it.

Each to their own. I found this much better value than just buying the parts and a spare fridge.

Sure they are knockoffs but meh if they get the job done so be it. Worst comes to worst I replace the taps later down the track.

Now it's up and running, I don't have any regrets! Looks much nicer than an old fridge with a tap drilled into it.

Now it's up and running, I don't have any regrets! Looks much nicer than an old fridge with a tap drilled into it.

Yer they look pretty mint. I was impressed with it and although other people had some pain it looks like the vendor is learning and improving the product which means they are listening to feedback :)

Just ordered some 2x gas in 2x beer out and a t piece to suit the corny kegs from Craft Brewer, hopefully I get them in time for the weekend to start getting it up and running! Was going to go for the CPC/John Guess fittings but for my setup barbs will do fine.

Happy as the proverbial with mine, 3 tap font. Replaced the flexible line on one tap with regular beer line of the correct length to balance the system. This was a test to see how well balanced it was with the original larger OD line, never bothered changing the other two as all three pour perfectly. I just connect a new keg and within 4 days it's pouring beautifully at 5C and 80kPa.

Screwy

Gday,

Have had one of these for a while now. Have just set up the font and taps today after a bit of remanufacture to make the font tower base fit the Holes in the fridge. Was using one of the little bronco taps up till today, which worked really well.

Now with the supplied taps hooked up the flow is at best a dribble, even when tweaking the flow adjuster. Am using the same pressure as I was with the bronco tap and have also made sure there is no airlocks or kinks in the line. Take approx 30 seconds to fill a pot glass.

Any one else had this drama and or knows the remedy?

Gday,

Have had one of these for a while now. Have just set up the font and taps today after a bit of remanufacture to make the font tower base fit the Holes in the fridge. Was using one of the little bronco taps up till today, which worked really well.

Now with the supplied taps hooked up the flow is at best a dribble, even when tweaking the flow adjuster. Am using the same pressure as I was with the bronco tap and have also made sure there is no airlocks or kinks in the line. Take approx 30 seconds to fill a pot glass.

What is your serving pressure? What beer kline are you using?

I'm using the supplied taps and 1.1m of 5mm beer line @ 80-90kpa and if I open up the flow adjuster it pours nice and quick, no problems at all.

What is your serving pressure? What beer kline are you using?

I'm using the supplied taps and 1.1m of 5mm beer line @ 80-90kpa and if I open up the flow adjuster it pours nice and quick, no problems at all.

Using the supplied two lengths of beer line. Is thick walled and 5/16 ID about 700 long, used a clamp to tighten onto the ball lock fitting. Was running about 70 kpa with the bronco tap and was pouring beautifully. Have tried stepping the pressure up to 90 kpa for no benefit to flow, only more foam!

Using the supplied two lengths of beer line. Is thick walled and 5/16 ID about 700 long, used a clamp to tighten onto the ball lock fitting. Was running about 70 kpa with the bronco tap and was pouring beautifully. Have tried stepping the pressure up to 90 kpa for no benefit to flow, only more foam!

All,
I have just setup the kegerator from Pinnacle Wholesalers that includes the adjustable Dorado taps and font. This is the first time I have set up taps and keg system, so you could say I am inexperienced in dispensing systems! But I am pretty handy so don't think I have stuffed anything up. I am experiencing a really slow pour like Potof4X has described, and I have noticed what I think may be the (my) problem!

With the taps removed I get full range of adjustment (with the little arm on the side) so that the shaft slides in and out of the tap. I then fit the taps to the font with the flow adjustment all the way open. I then have very limited adjustment with the arm. It is almost like the tap is 'seating' too far in to the seat which stops the adjustment being all the way open. I can only get mine open a little (maybe 30 degrees of arm rotation and the tap is fully closed against the seat) when the tap is secured to the font.
I thought of fitting the tap with the flow adjustment in the closed position, but when I open the flow adjuster the tap becomes loose on the font.

I don't know if there is a trick with these, if I am doing something wrong etc, or if I am missing a 'spacer' that fits between the tap and the font but if anyone can give me any tips I would love to hear about it. Seeing that nobody replied to PotOf4x's last post on the subject, I am assuming that nobody else has this problem or knows what I am doing wrong? dunno.

Anyway, if anyone has any pointers setting these taps up, I would love to hear about it.

:beer:
hatchor

Can you fit regular taps instead or is it a unique fitting just for the taps that come with the kegerator?

If I got one of these I'd rather do that anyway I reckon. I am not one for these flow control gizmos!

The flow control ones allow you to run different lengths of hose. This makes balancing the system far far easier especially when you have limited space in the fridge.

I see that Pinnacle don't list kegerators on their site any more. Has anyone bought one from this mob, they look pretty kosher ?

I don't know if there is a trick with these, if I am doing something wrong etc, or if I am missing a 'spacer' that fits between the tap and the font but if anyone can give me any tips I would love to hear about it. Seeing that nobody replied to PotOf4x's last post on the subject, I am assuming that nobody else has this problem or knows what I am doing wrong? dunno.

Anyway, if anyone has any pointers setting these taps up, I would love to hear about it.

hatchor

The one I set up had a similar problem, there is a poor fit and the flow control doesnt work properly with the tap on tight. One tap is worse than the other, but I am only using it to dispense soda water at 300 kPa so fortunately more restricted is better. I think the problems you guys are having are related to the poor quality of the taps.

I think the problems you guys are having are related to the poor quality of the taps.

Yeah that was a possibility that I thought of, and the reason why I posted here. I thought if I am having this problem, and the taps/font fittings are the same from this supplier, then most other peeps would be having the same issues. And possibly would already have concocted a solution for it!

Cheers

With the taps removed I get full range of adjustment (with the little arm on the side) so that the shaft slides in and out of the tap. I then fit the taps to the font with the flow adjustment all the way open. I then have very limited adjustment with the arm. It is almost like the tap is 'seating' too far in to the seat which stops the adjustment being all the way open. I can only get mine open a little (maybe 30 degrees of arm rotation and the tap is fully closed against the seat) when the tap is secured to the font.
I thought of fitting the tap with the flow adjustment in the closed position, but when I open the flow adjuster the tap becomes loose on the font.

I'm able to turn the flow adjuster 180 degrees on both taps. There wasn't a spacer that I'm aware of, just the tap screwing on to the shank. I'd say it's a problem with the quality of the tap itself, not how you've set it up.

I'm in the market for a kegerator too. Was looking at one for a friend to put in a local cafe so we wanted it a little special (maybe celli taps with a nice looking font) does any one know if the celli taps can be mounted on a font?

Can anyone steer me in the direction of a kegerator guru?

Cheers
clatty

how warm is the beer coming out of the font on these things?

Does the font stay chilled at all?

edit: also, could you fit 3 kegs + a half size one on the back ledge?

The font doesn't stay chilled, and the beer is pretty warm for the first little bit of the pour. You can probably do something with a computer fan to blow cooled air up into the font, but I haven't done that. I've insulated it as best I can, and I chill my glasses to counteract the warmth of the beer on the first pour.

It's a struggle to fit 3 kegs in (it only just does it, and they have to be the tall skinny variety, not the shorter fatter ones). I doubt you'd also get a half size keg in there as well, but someone may have tried it.

All,
I have just setup the kegerator from Pinnacle Wholesalers that includes the adjustable Dorado taps and font. This is the first time I have set up taps and keg system, so you could say I am inexperienced in dispensing systems! But I am pretty handy so don't think I have stuffed anything up. I am experiencing a really slow pour like Potof4X has described, and I have noticed what I think may be the (my) problem!

hatchor

Check your tap shanks, sounds like they might not be the tapered type required to match the tapered adjuster in the tap. Some shanks have a concave not tapered recess, you need the tapered type for the adjustable taps.

Cheers Screwy

What is the smallest gas bottle that can fit on the hump in these?

Apparently there are 2.5 and 4.5L bottles... Could the 4.5 fit with regulator?

Back