Pumpnkegs Website

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

albrews

Reaction score
hi,
i found a link to a website www.pumpnkegs.com.au on aussiehomebrewer, and now i find i am unable to access it on my computer. i have told friends about it ,so can someone help with the situation of pumpnkegs.

cheers

hi,
i found a link to a website www.pumpnkegs.com.au on aussiehomebrewer, and now i find i am unable to access it on my computer. i have told friends about it ,so can someone help with the situation of pumpnkegs.

cheers

It's working fine for me albrews. http://www.pumpnkegs.com.au/

It's a damn ugly website though...

:lol:

Why would anyone sell a business when the market is in the "boom period"?

:lol:
Why would anyone sell a business when the market is in the "boom period"?

LOL. It looks like the 'business' consists of two domain names and 4 used Bronco pumps. I'll independently value this company at $300...!

Not to mention that his sales pitch for selling the business is all BS

He is not the first mover in many cities and kegs are not new in Australia, people have been hiring kegs for their 21st since Cap'n Jim Cook arrived.
He claims high ranked in google and MSN, my google page rank says N/A, and alexa says "no data"

At $2500 he must be making a whopping $500 per year from it, I would want a non-competition clause in the contract to stop the owner starting up again in opposition

Hey you guys check out the new website! Pump n kegs is BACK and its all new including the managers & owners.

cheers
:beer:

www.pumpnkegs.com.au

WOW!! thats an awesome "premium beer" range you have got there. pfft :p

I would want a non-competition clause in the contract to stop the owner starting up again in opposition

I hope you got this, Davo, cos a bit of googling will show you that this guy owns at least 4 or 5 different 'keg related' domains, and he's left a small trail of forum posts that sail a bit close to spam if you ask me. I'd be wanting all of the related domains plus an agreement that he won't go anywhere near kegs or beer related domains ever again...

But congrats and good luck on the new venture :beer:

Yeah, all the best to Davo, but one look at that list of "premium" beer is enough to show you how far the craft beer industry has to go in Australia. Godalmighty what an unispiring list of beer. No wonder home/craft brewing is going from strength to strength. There just isn't the market to allow interesting beer to be commercially viable, so if you become a convert to good beer, you have little choice but to brew it yourself. I know this is changing, but my point is that this list shows just how far it has to go. Yes? No? (p.s. even with our population of 120 million, it isn't much better in Japan. As usual, the US leads us all by about 20 years I reckon.)

Please prove me wrong Davo, add some really excellent craft beers to your lineup, I'm sure they exist, then watch as they become the biggest sellers.

I hope you got this, Davo, cos a bit of googling will show you that this guy owns at least 4 or 5 different 'keg related' domains, and he's left a small trail of forum posts that sail a bit close to spam if you ask me. I'd be wanting all of the related domains plus an agreement that he won't go anywhere near kegs or beer related domains ever again...

Thanx for the advice WortGames.
Im aware that he is still active. Has started EasyKegs now, and had PartyKegs previously. But thats ok cos I have moved the business to another region. I am in Gippsland (South East of Melbourne) where there was nothing like this so no competition and a heaps potential. I and am gradually getting the web listings updated for pumpnkegs.com.au and pumpnkegs.com.
Again thanx for the support.
Cheers... :beer:

Yeah, all the best to Davo, but one look at that list of "premium" beer is enough to show you how far the craft beer industry has to go in Australia. Godalmighty what an unispiring list of beer. No wonder home/craft brewing is going from strength to strength. There just isn't the market to allow interesting beer to be commercially viable, so if you become a convert to good beer, you have little choice but to brew it yourself. I know this is changing, but my point is that this list shows just how far it has to go. Yes? No? (p.s. even with our population of 120 million, it isn't much better in Japan. As usual, the US leads us all by about 20 years I reckon.)

Please prove me wrong Davo, add some really excellent craft beers to your lineup, I'm sure they exist, then watch as they become the biggest sellers.

Hey Steve. Will be gradually adding more - only 2 suppliers at this stage but building. We have a local brewer here (regional) "Grand Ridge Brewery" who I hope to add, but the problem I see (you are right that interesting beer isnt commercially viable) is that the majority of the population will be wanting VB (personally I wont drink it) or Carlton Draught and the premiums get rather pricey. Remember also it needs to be supplied in kegs.
Any recommended beers would be appreciated.

... but the problem I see (you are right that interesting beer isnt commercially viable) is that the majority of the population will be wanting VB (personally I wont drink it) or Carlton Draught

Yes, that's my point exactly. There are not enough consumers visibly demanding the more interesting products. So you almost have to create the leading edge by making the products available and let the market rise in response (or not). You can only try.

and the premiums get rather pricey. Remember also it needs to be supplied in kegs.
Any recommended beers would be appreciated.

Yes, it might mean you actually pursuing the closest craft breweries to you and working out a direct supply arrangement. Even if it means you just carry a couple of those types of beers.

The beers might be pricey, but don't forget that consumer tastes are changing the world over. There are consumers who are demanding to be stimulated, challenged and titillated, and hang the expense. Whether it be wine, cheese, spirits, coffee, cuisine...this is the trend that is being observed. Whether it extends to Gippsland or not is another matter...

Sorry I can't help you with specific recommendations as I live 11,000 km away. I just want to cheer you on to become a promoter of craft beer alongside the rest. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back