Pub Food

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I loved the pub food over in the UK.

Big slices of pie with plenty of peas, gravy and mash is always a favourite of mine.
A few places had baked potatoes filled with various types of fillings over there too. Good cheap, easy idea, that you can go nuts with and fills up most punters with the greatest of ease.

oh deary me....

must be a woman thing!

greatest food invention (behind red meat) ever.

WRONG... I run a Bistro next to a pub, biggest parma eaters are women. Im often surprised at the ladies ordering sirlions or parmas while there partners order the grilled fish.

WRONG... I run a Bistro next to a pub, biggest parma eaters are women. Im often surprised at the ladies ordering sirlions or parmas while there partners order the grilled fish.

Katie, I'm with you. My wife almost always orders Parma when we go to a pub or club, in fact I always thought it a bit of a girly meal myself :lol: because of that. Guess I should give one a try next time were out instead of letting my prejudices order for me.

Andrew

Edit: Reef and Beef is my choice when pubing it.

parmy chips and salad

and a pot of gods necter

can not and I mean CAN NOT get any better

Pork pie with hot english mustard and a little mangoe chutney perfectly complimented with a pint (Three Sheets anyone?).

Cant go past a ploughmans lunch - roast beef, pickled egg, sharp cheddar, some pickles, chutneys, mustard and some home made - or pub made - beer bread perfectly complimented with a pint of house brew -say a Nelson Blood perhaps?

Oh the good old days at The Lord Nelson! They make some great bar food and great food in the restuarant but you just cant go past the classics.

I never buy a parma! Dont really see the point in it.

Don't see the point of a parma? They are a bloody delicious peice of chicken that can sometimes be had for around $10 including a pot of beer. Thats the point.

Ive never seen the point of parmas ethier... We were forced to put the thing on the menu (probably the only thing I have not taste tested) the things walk out the door though!

It's not strictly 'pub' food, but my favourite beer haunt in these parts, the German Club, offers Eisbein, a ridiculously large chunk of baked swine...

dsc00441.jpg

Now that's a meal that needs several Schwarzbiers to wash it down.

It's not strictly 'pub' food, but my favourite beer haunt in these parts, the German Club, offers Eisbein, a ridiculously large chunk of baked swine...

dsc00441.jpg

Now that's a meal that needs several Schwarzbiers to wash it down.

Ooooooh holy crap, when I had those in Munich, arrrrrrgh :icon_drool2: I loved those charcoal vertical grills they had for preparing them on!

Here in Oz, its the good old chicken parmie!

One of the issues with a pub parmie is that they are often deep fried!! Dont mind my chips deep fried but ya parmie!! :excl:

Medium p/house steak (Black Angus in Mornington), veal parma or lately it's been the mixed grill at the Westernport Hotel in Hastings...yum yum !!!!

Latest posts

Back