Pub Crawl T-shirt Or Polo

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should we have a TShirt to commemorate?

• Count me in as long as it's under $30 each

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'd love one - design approval prior of course!

• There's no way I"ll be seen out with you lot in matching gear

• Funding's short - pub crawl's expensive - not for me

• Total voters

Little_Squares

Reaction score
Just a quick poll to see whether the Sydney AHB members are interested in a commemorative T-Shirt or Polo for our April 22 crawl. Good suggestions are welcome!

Great idea LS. Count me in for sure...

See you there....

HK

I only need 40 replies to let me know whether we're in business. I can get the shirts fairly cheaply, it's the printing that's gonna cost!

It has been my experience that pub-crawl shirts generally lead to refusal of entry.

Gerard

Hence the reason for a design, devoid of typical pub crawl elements.

Someone suggested the following:

The Progessive Zymocenasilicaphobic Support Group - with a logo

Gerard_M said:
It has been my experience that pub-crawl shirts generally lead to refusal of entry.
It all depends on how you do it. Incognito is the go. Embroided hop emblem with something incognito to mark the occasion like
April 22, a day that will go down in history and by the schooner!
I am used to having to deal with people that want to design big obvious shirts, seen as I am in the defence force, I only want certain people to know what the significance of a shirt means!

Well, we're working on a design now. Most of the info will be on the rear of the shirt and were thining of something like a "World Tour" type of spiel. Need ideas for the front.

Decided a polo would be a better idea if we need to get into any collared shirt only venues......

Found a good polo shirt in a moss green colour (very AHB), so we'd look rather dapper - or deranged dependant on your point of view or level of alcohol tolerance.....

I'd really love to find a good screen printer, who won't charge the earth - so - any suggestions? :huh:

Little_Squares said:
Found a good polo shirt in a moss green colour (very AHB), so we'd look rather dapper - or deranged dependant on your point of view or level of alcohol tolerance.....

I'd really love to find a good screen printer, who won't charge the earth - so - any suggestions? :huh:
[post="117618"][/post]​

Speak to Linz, I pm'md him a link that offers some Ideas, I am sure you have most likely seen these but I thought I might pipe up again,

Damn beer :chug: :chug:

HK :ph34r:

Thanks, saw the link, but the polos were a little more expensive than the $30 budget (incl printing). Screenprinting and freight are the most expensive part - oh that and minimum order quantities. I've found a place that has no minimum quantities but I need more people to tell me whether they're interested as we need to move really quickly with only a few weeks to go.

Fair call,

Well you can still count me in for whatever you decide. I am just looking forward to having a few frosties with the fine people of AHB.

Catch you soon

HK

Worst case scenario...we get a big, obvious design on the shirts and keep them for home.

No need to wear anything that'll provoke publicans or bouncers on the day, but will certainly evoke good memories when the shirt is worn on subsequent outings.

That'll be 2 cents...

Front....... AHB Progressive Zymocenosilicaphobic Support Group
Back...AHB world (or Oz) tour (pub names?)
Gonna need a screen printer.

Seth out

How can we get the AHB Pub Crawlers to view the poll? I'm a little disappointed by the current poll stats. Even if it's a no-go, could we pls contact an AHB Crawler-ee and ask them to vote on the poll......pleeeease

Franko has generously donated both his time and talent to designing our suggested crawl shirt. I've posted below a picture of the back of the shirt and the text/logo to go on the front. By the way - this would be the suggested colour of the shirt too - kinda hops coloured....

polo_back.jpglogo_and_text_for_front_of_polo.jpg

My only suggestion Franko is that we make the text on the back a little smaller as Zymocenosilicaphobia is a huge word and may not fit across the back of some of our slightly smaller crawlees.

im open to suggestions guys and girls

just my thoughts...

I think the front description to go with the logo, should be shorter.
"The excessive or irrational fear of an empty beer glass"

"When your beer glass is empty and you get scared" - is just repeating the first line & is unnecessary clutter.

The back of the shirt, I agree should be smaller - But does it really need to be there at all. IMO this would be a great alround AHB shirt, with just the front logo & writing. Either way, I like it.

cheers Ross

The back is generally to denote the specific event - our idea was kind of to be like a World Tour sort of thing. I'd perhaps make the 'tour' date smaller and would move it further away from the tour title. Franko and I considered putting the locations on the back, but thought there could be legal issues.

I thought we could all sign each others shirts.....kind of like an end of school thing. I know - I'm so childish......

For the fashionistas - details of the polo are:

Weight: 210 GSM
Size: S, M, L, XL, 2XL, 3XL, 5XL

100% Combed Cotton Single jersey knit polo. Top-stitched armholes. Twin needle sleeves & hem. Loose pocket

There are no minimum ordering quantities, so printing costs pending, it looks like we'll go ahead - even if it is only for 10 or so shirts.

Back