Pros & cons? 2x 30L or 1x 60L Fermenters?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just back into things and buying gear again. Looking at going with the Guten 70, with either a 60L Ferm king snub but unsure if anyone's bought either initially and ended up going other ways because of X, Y, Z.

While I've got your attention any preferences over snub or all rounder? For any particular reason?

Cheers!

Due to the cone shape of the Snubby and the flatter shape of the all rounder, the snubby is a better choice.

#edited by mods to remove link avoid reopening old wounds

Last edited by a moderator:
Due to the cone shape of the Snubby and the flatter shape of the all rounder, the snubby is a better choice.
Bloody hell, what a bunch of children bitching and carrying on in that post...

Think I'm going to go with 2x 30L just because I don't think I've got a fridge big enough for a 60l and then if a get a fermenting chesty can stand them side by side.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a snub and I prefer it over the shape of an all rounder, also the thermowell is a ripper. Makes it very easy to take temps.

Think I'm going to go with 2x 30L just because I don't think I've got a fridge big enough for a 60l and then if a get a fermenting chesty can stand them side by side.
If you are tight for space in the fridge you may be better off just using good old fashion 25 L cubes. Due to the shape they take up far less space and fit better in a fridge than round fermenters.

Depending on your fridge you may be able fit 3 or 4 x 25L or a combination of x 25L & 15L. For instance my fridge will only take 1 x 60L fermenter but will take 4 x 25l and 2 x 15L cubes as they can be stacked on top of each other. You can even pressure ferment in them if you want.

Another advantage if you no chill is you can do that in the cubes then just ferment in them without having to transfer the wort to another fermenter. Just need to leave enough head space and squeeze the sides in a fair bit when you fill them.

Latest posts

Back