Pronounciation Of Trub And Other Brew Words

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As was explained to me, the w in weizen etc is closer to a v. The best way to describe the sound I've come across is this: try making a "v" sound without letting your teeth touching your lip... that would explain what someone heard as "oicebeer"...

Andy

Sorry but no Andy, began with lips pursed as in , think it's a Southern or Barvarian thing.

Screwy

cyanide and happiness? I thought that was for 15 year old girls? :p j/k mate, it always frustrated me a little, tho there are some crackers on there. What line of work are you in? I don't know anyone who doesn't like xkcd - but everyone I know works in maths/science/computers, and it's pretty specific to that area of interest.

I'm just going to park this here. I know of at least one brewer who will appreciate the context. For a better view, see the site.

Ahh yes, Dinosaur Comics. That comic reminded me of this one

comic2-1291.png

And since you use it as your name the internet has taught us that you INVENTED the word and as such you OWN IT. It is pronounced "truh-b" now, guys.

Settled.

And since you use it as your name the internet has taught us that you INVENTED the word and as such you OWN IT. It is pronounced "truh-b" now, guys.

Settled.

Just in: InBev has copyrighted the word 'trub' for its latest beer for some reason, and now we all have to use the phrase "Yeastie Sludge"

Man, I can't wait to get my dirty mitts on a nice, cold can of Trub.

Settled.

Yep, that's right.
A 'DMCA takedown notice' is on it's way get this thread deleted... :D

Oh, I just realised that could be taken as having a go at you. I wasn't.

I was most certainly having a go at someone else, though.

Good read after a few beers, especially Manticles less than savoury interjection a page or two back :D

Meanwhile, whats the deal with grist? Is it plain old Gr-ist? Something 'a little bit fancy'?

Yeah, poor attempt.

Night - boingk

Good read after a few beers, especially Manticles less than savoury interjection a page or two back :D

Meanwhile, whats the deal with grist? Is it plain old Gr-ist? Something 'a little bit fancy'?

Yeah, poor attempt.

Night - boingk

I'm struggling with the pronunciation of 'hop' and 'grain' myself :p

Oh, I just realised that could be taken as having a go at you. I wasn't.

I was most certainly having a go at someone else, though.

no, no , no, just joking. I never took offence.

AHB mods: there is no DMCA takedown notice on its way.....yet :)

I have the same problem with my dutch surname; BOUWMEESTER. In Holland they pronounce it Bow-(as in bow down)-meeshter. My Aussie Dad says Bow (as it bow-tie) meh-ster. In school I got Bow-myster, and Bow-meester (as in Mister Meester, you know the crazy lady from Happy Gilmore).

Confused yet? ****, my wife didn't even take my name when we got married (i can't blame her). How can you take someones name when no-one knows how to say it.

I just prefer Bowie.

Cheers

Bowie :icon_cheers:

Another clogwog ! Great.
I'm dutch too, but my problem is I have a french surname. The many many permutations I've endured over the years with that one would fill a small fortune. Even harder is that the last letter of my name is . Try telling someone over the phone what that is, and try getting them to input it into their computers! No wonder I'm folically challenged.

cyanide and happiness? I thought that was for 15 year old girls? :p j/k mate, it always frustrated me a little, tho there are some crackers on there. What line of work are you in? I don't know anyone who doesn't like xkcd - but everyone I know works in maths/science/computers, and it's pretty specific to that area of interest.

Art handling and conservation.

I make a pretty 15 year old girl.

Can't do umlauts?

Try this:
Hold down the Alt key as you type 0228, then let go and you should have .
Alt 246
Alt 0252
Alt 0239

Can't do umlauts?

Try this:
Hold down the Alt key as you type 0228, then let go and you should have .
Alt 246
Alt 0252
Alt 0239

Yes, I know about those ones.

But I'm still trying to find the ASCII code for the n-umlaut...

10-8-08-spinal-tap.jpg

Back