Problems With Gassing My Keg

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andy081969

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

any and all help would be greatly appreciated, have been gassing my keg at 3 deg C and 300 Kpa for the last 24 hours and when the first Three of beers of the keg that I poured tonight have been fairly flat with a excess head on the beer, have I done any thing wrong? is there anything I can do to fix the issue

Hi Guys,

any and all help would be greatly appreciated, have been gassing my keg at 3 deg C and 300 Kpa for the last 24 hours and when the first Three of beers of the keg that I poured tonight have been fairly flat with a excess head on the beer, have I done any thing wrong? is there anything I can do to fix the issue

Just more time.
You can force carbonate and there are plenty of posts on how to do this on here .
I have done this a few times but another 24 hours and you will see some improvement.

Woody

Sounds like it's overcarbonated to me. Take the gas off now before it gets worse.
Release all the pressure from the keg, and do so every couple of hours or when you remember until it comes right.

Hi Guys,

excess head and flat beer sounds overcarbed,

take the keg out of the fridge, shake and vent the pressure out every 10 mins, say for around half an hour

then put keg back in fridge, connect the gas back on at 70 or 80 kpa and try pouring a beer after you've given it an hour to settle

Definately overcarbed imo. Look at the links in my sig for the long version...donburke has given the short version already.

Definately agree with all the others, I have had the same problem,thought it was over gassed and added more, had the gas bubbles leaking out into the beer line, and not staying in the beer, and heaps of foam when pouring, Thats always a sign of over carbed.. FYIW..I force carb using Ross's method. :icon_cheers:

What is the ID size of your beer line, the length of it and your pouring pressure?

Latest posts

Back