Problem With Nasa Burner!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edoeven

Reaction score
hey guys, just doing my first brew with a new nasa burner (the cheap one)
It burns great with nothing on top of it - I am running it off an adjustable HP reg (adjust from almost nothing to heaps of gas), I have burnt it for awhile and then pulled the burner down, cleaned out all the crazy paint, about twice now so that should be right...

anyway, when I put my keggle/hlt on top of the burner stand, no amount of adjusting or fiddling will get it to burn properly! It burns OK (ish) on VERY low power (took ages to heat up my water), but anything else and the flame leaves the burner, rolls around under the keg and usually goes out after awhile.

Is there a secret to getting these things working properly? or do I need to work something out to hold whatever higher above the burner?

thanks...

heh well I think i have temporarily fixed it by bending up some metal to hold the kettle a few CM above the stand :)
panic over...

hey guys, just doing my first brew with a new nasa burner (the cheap one)
It burns great with nothing on top of it - I am running it off an adjustable HP reg (adjust from almost nothing to heaps of gas), I have burnt it for awhile and then pulled the burner down, cleaned out all the crazy paint, about twice now so that should be right...

anyway, when I put my keggle/hlt on top of the burner stand, no amount of adjusting or fiddling will get it to burn properly! It burns OK (ish) on VERY low power (took ages to heat up my water), but anything else and the flame leaves the burner, rolls around under the keg and usually goes out after awhile.

Is there a secret to getting these things working properly? or do I need to work something out to hold whatever higher above the burner?

thanks...

I had the same issue when I put a pot on top of mine. I found that moving it up stopped the flames from rolling around the pot melting washers etc.

Do you still have the chime on the bottom of the keggle? Usually that allows a keggle to sit perfectly, while flat bottom pots need a spacer as there is nowhere for the flame to go.

by chime I guess you mean like the bottom of the keg? yeah thats still there, unmodified :) the brewday worked out OK!, i found a random piece of ~ 10mm steel rod that I bent and sat across the top of the stand, that was enough to allow the burnt gas out I guess and the nasa fired up well :D

will probably weld something to the stand as a more permanent measure!

Back