Prize for INKBIRD regular customer. Giveaway Itc-310 ,itc-308, itc-100

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also use mine to run a vacuum cleaner.

When the ambient temperature reaches say 65 degrees Celsius ( very unlikely with a swampy) , I can then help out with the cleaning.................

:D :p :drinks:

I got one going on...... on the south east side of Melb. and Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh a Stc 1000 on the other fridge.

I have inkbird itc-1000 new still in a box, haven't got around to hooking it up to replace the elitech stc-1000 copy yet. (The one which wipes the compressor delay value when the power cycles).

I am going to enter I swear! I am competing with a million bloody home brewers for my temp control fridge options on Gumtree.

It's going to be hard to compete with mtb, but perhaps he should be disqualified for posting p0rn. B)

Here's a picture of my gheto freezer conversion. The freezer had coils in shelves, so they were bent out of the way. It was too small for my fermenter, so I used some fence palings to extend the freezer with a collar around the door. Used some metal shelving rail to give the door magnets something to seal against. There's also an IP65 12CM fan inside to push the air around. Heating with a 60W reptile heater cord. Looks fugly, works really well.

The temp controller is ITC-310T with a 30cm long probe attached to the side of a plastic fermenter and insulated with a bit of packing foam. The cooling differential is 0.5C and heating differential is 2C. Those settings, together with the probe location give a steady temperature without any significant overshoots and without the compressor starting and stopping too often. I have the compressor delay set to 60 seconds, just in case, but in practice that protection is not needed, even with the door being left open while taking samples.

I'm pretty happy with the Inkbird 310T. It probably saved me a day or two from the build since all I had to do was plug in four plugs into corresponding sockets and hit the ON switch. It's been working reliably for a few months now.

I hope that the plastic used to manufacture the Inkbird controllers is UV stable, because it gets direct sunlight early in the morning and late in the afternoon.

FermentFridge.jpg

I am using the Inkbird 308 for my new Keezer. Have had it on and works brilliantly, compressor delay is needed for the freezer. Makes it easy to hook up, no wiring required (which is a big advantage for me!).

Just waiting for my taps & font to arrive and I will be in action.

20170113_112250.jpg

20170113_112356.jpg

Cheers.

inkbird said:
No one want to join this giveaway? -_-
Can I try again?

I've progressed it a little further along the marketing angle

Ej2VkL9.png

Still a Bird. Still Ink.

Just want to make sure everyone bidding for one of these understands that they may not be compliant with the new regulations:

Amendment 2 of AS/NZS 4417.2:2012 (Regulatory compliance mark for electrical and electronic equipment Part 2: Specific requirements for particular regulatory applications) was published in January 2016 and will come in to effect on 29 January 2017.

I haven't been able to get anything concrete out of anyone thus far.

If one of these blows-up & your house goes up in flames, the insurance policy will be worthless. Until such time as certification is provided, I'd be wary of installing/using one of these babies (just in case).

Community-Service announcement!!!!!

Martin

Edit: Those of you who know my employer will notice that they've been pulled from sale until this is sorted-out.

MartinOC said:
I haven't been able to get anything concrete out of anyone thus far
Then why make a post like this, that is obviously intended to direct potential customers away from the product? "I'd be wary of installing/using"... "just in case"
Do self-wired STC-1000s comply with the regulations you've quoted? If not I might have to continue not giving a shit, I chose to take on that risk when I bought the product

Nope! Not at all. No scare-mongering here. Like I said - Community Service.

Fact is, that anything that has it's own wiring to the power-point has to comply with the new reg's as of 29/1. If it doesn't comply & blows-up (taking your house with it), there goes your insurance policy (& you KNOW how good insurance companies are at NOT paying-out, right??).

Anything that doesn't have it's own power-wiring is apparently exempt (ie. STC's). Go figure.

I think they're trying to ensure imports to Australia comply with Australian standards (OOER! Shock! Horror! You mean.....SAFE?????).

MartinOC said:
Just want to make sure everyone bidding for one of these understands that they may not be compliant with the new regulations:

Amendment 2 of AS/NZS 4417.2:2012 (Regulatory compliance mark for electrical and electronic equipment Part 2: Specific requirements for particular regulatory applications) was published in January 2016 and will come in to effect on 29 January 2017.

If one of these blows-up & your house goes up in flames, the insurance policy will be worthless. Until such time as certification is provided, I'd be wary of installing/using one of these babies (just in case).

Martin

Edit: Those of you who know my employer will notice that they've been pulled from sale until this is sorted-out.
Why has your employer pulled the product from sale if (presumably)) it complies till 29 Jan? Will the amendment apply to products retrospectively? That’s really unusual if so.

The problem I have here is that you're quoting regulations that aren't even in effect yet. The manufacturer still has time to respond. They very well could, before the 29th, and all you would've achieved here is driving off potential customers.

MartinOC said:

Martin

How does that apply to existing electric appliances, though?

I mean, if it catches fire, how will anyone know when I purchased it?

MartinOC said:
Nope! Not at all. No scare-mongering here. Like I said - Community Service.

Fact is, that anything that has it's own wiring to the power-point has to comply with the new reg's as of 29/1. If it doesn't comply & blows-up (taking your house with it), there goes your insurance policy (& you KNOW how good insurance companies are at NOT paying-out, right??).

Anything that doesn't have it's own power-wiring is apparently exempt (ie. STC's). Go figure.

I think they're trying to ensure imports to Australia comply with Australian standards (OOER! Shock! Horror! You mean.....SAFE?????).
It’s very unusual for electrical regs to be retrospective otherwise older houses and appliances that don’t comply with the new standard would invalidate your insurance,

If this is retrospective then any pre wired appliances you have at home purchased prior to 29/1/17 can invalidate your insurance.

Anyway here is a pic of my Ink Bird controller. I haven’t wired and used it yet as I’m waiting for the STC to die. But if I include it and and say it is by far my favourite controller and think it will be the best I will ever own I should qualify to enter the draw so please like this post. :D View attachment 94485

Attachments

• 20170113_205147.jpg
    20170113_205147.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 64
I've got two ITC-308s sitting about a metre apart (one controlling a fridge and the other my keezer). Here's hoping they don't sync and explode at the same time.

Mine have been awesome. I've got my fermentation fridge set to 18 +/- 0.5 degrees and my brewometer tells me the wort is at a stand still at 17.8 degrees. So easy to use and inexpensive.

Back