Prize for INKBIRD regular customer. Giveaway Itc-310 ,itc-308, itc-100

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MartinOC said:
Nope! Not at all. No scare-mongering here. Like I said - Community Service.

Fact is, that anything that has it's own wiring to the power-point has to comply with the new reg's as of 29/1. If it doesn't comply & blows-up (taking your house with it), there goes your insurance policy (& you KNOW how good insurance companies are at NOT paying-out, right??).

Anything that doesn't have it's own power-wiring is apparently exempt (ie. STC's). Go figure.

I think they're trying to ensure imports to Australia comply with Australian standards (OOER! Shock! Horror! You mean.....SAFE?????).
I've got no problem with Martin bringing this to our attention. I've been let down by more than one imported electrical device that is not certified to Australian standards and even one that was clearly dangerous with the risk of touch potential.

Also, I'm certain Martin is not bringing it to our attention in order to feather his own nest as seems to have been implied. He volunteers enough of his time to the homebrewing community to know that.

Really, all we should be worried about is that these devices comply to the current Australian Standards. If someone can take a pic of the legally required Electrical Approval Number or compliance code labelled on their device and post it here we can rest assured it has been deemed safe and legal.

I wonder how many brewers that use these have had any problems? Mine works like a charm, no explosions as yet. In fact I would be more worried about the row of old fridges in my shed before the Inkbird controller.

Anyway I guess they will be forced to have the products covered by an Australian standard soon, then we can all pay the extra for this.....but at least we can sleep at nights.

Lucky the Samsung washing machines passed the standard, could have been terrible otherwise hey? One may have caught fire! :lol: :p

11.jpg

Batz said:
Lucky the Samsung washing machines passed the standard, could have been terrible otherwise hey? One may have caught fire! :lol: :p
Hey man, Samsung at least make reliable phones. Give 'em a break.

Inkbird make reliable temperature controllers.

I'm just having a bit of a stir, but it is true.

To quantify my tongue-in-cheek comment regarding Samsung's reliable phones..

notejeep.jpg

mtb said:
To quantify my tongue-in-cheek comment regarding Samsung's reliable phones..

notejeep.jpg
But passed Australian Standards. Don't worry be happy!

Could have been a Jeep.......without a phone...or gearbox, that fell out a while back.

i tend to use mine on as many spots on my face as i can, sometimes multiple spots, as i need it for anger management and to cool off.

so far it's been great. when my temp gets too high it switches a fan on for me. still need to figure out how to get it to pour a beer...

stupid.jpg

Batz said:
But passed Australian Standards. Don't worry be happy!
My thoughts exackery! Be happy that your insurance company can't reject your claim because of an uncertified appliance.

Camo6 said:
My thoughts exackery! Be happy that your insurance company can't reject your claim because of an uncertified appliance.
Yep true. But really if your insurance company wants to reject a claim I don't think an Inkbird would be the bullet.
I admit I know little of insurance dealings. A good thing perhaps.

All I know is the only time I've claimed with an insurer they tried to screw me.

Nothing against Inkbird. Products look great and well priced and I'd probably own a couple if I hadn't my own setup already.
But for any business to distribute or sell an electrical appliance within Australia, they need to follow the same rules as everyone else. Hopefully they already do.

How who you go with a Mashmaster temperature controller, sold by many of the retailers above on here. You believe they are all wired up by a licensed electrician?
If you read the write up it sort of suggests you can do it yourself, and we all have. Will the insurance company check that out as well?

They don't have to be wired by an electrician they just need to be certified by Australian Standards. I wouldn't want the liability of selling it otherwise.

Mods, happy to have this discussion moved to another thread as it is getting sidetracked and not aimed at the OP. I have no knowledge of their product so don't want it to appear that I'm casting aspersions.

Given that the 3xx series of Inkbirds are just your standard AU plugs and sockets, how would the insurance company be able to tell that you used an Inkbird rather than a Woolies powerboard? Fire gets put out, you clean up the mess, insurance assessor turns up a few days later, sees the damage. If the assessor tries to get the insurance company from having to pay, they will most likely pick up on the collar and other physical mods on your freezer/fridge, rather than what it was plugged into.

Sure, having proof that the device complies with the latest Australian standards would be good and should be a standard practice for an Australian based retailer. But, being pragmatic, your Inkbird controller is only one component in a whole project and most such projects have a number of other components that are higher risk.

Thank you for all participants,thank you for all of your pictures.

First prize : INKBIRD temp.controller 310T is for #3 @mbt ( 13 likes )
Second prize: INKBIRD temp.controller 308S is for #30 @NathanG ( 5 likes )
Third prize: INKBIRD temp.controller ITC-1000 is for #2 @TwoCrows ( 3 likes )

Please PM me and give me your name and address.

We will arrange it to you as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Thanks ink bird for your support to the AHB community.
This controller will be of great use. Thanks to you guys for the likes.

Much appreciated Inkbird, this will be my dedicated fermentation controller.. ooh programmable!
And thankyou of course to the community, for the support

Latest posts

Back