Prickly Moses Brewer's Experience

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sirhendo

Reaction score
Hey All,

I just wanted to let you all know that we had the first Prickly Moses Brewer's Experience event at Otway Estate Winery and Brewery last Saturday and it was a huge success!

We had 8 lads eager to get their hands dirty and brew a 1000L batch of our Pilsner on our commercial brewery and we even did a simultaneous brew on our 70L pilot brewery which was an IPA (brewed for recipe development purposes/personal consumption lol). Though the day was hands off for me, we all thoroughly enjoyed the day (and the beer).

During the day, the boys in the kitchen whipped up an awesome lunch and we cracked open a few unreleased beers from the pilot brewery such as our Imperial Kolsch, Imperial Red Ale and Imperial Stout.

You can check out a couple of photos of the day at our FB page - www.facebook.com/pricklymoses (don't forget to smack the Like button).

Since this was so much fun, we will be running this event again in the first quarter of 2011 (date TBA) and if there are any clubs out there who would like to do this as a club event, we'd be happy to oblige :D we're only 2 hours drive from Melbourne so it's an easy weekend or even a day trip.

If you want any more info on this, feel free to get in touch with me. I'd love to see some more AHBers out here for the next event :)

Cheers!

Hendo

Good on you - I'm glad it was such a success!

Was your group of 8 lads home brewers, or just keen to have a go?

Good on you - I'm glad it was such a success!

Was your group of 8 lads home brewers, or just keen to have a go?

There were 2 or 3 home brewers now on the road to AG brewing and the rest, I am happy to say, are now craft beer converts...in fact, all of the attendees will get 2 slabs of beer sent to them made up of 1 3/4 slabs of the Pilsner and a six pack of the IPA :)

It's funny that you ask that because I would have expected more home brewers. With the success of this event, we hope to attract more home brewers to this type of day in the future.

Cheers!

Hendo

Hi Guys,

Just to let you all know, the next Prickly Moses Brewers Experience is locked in for Saturday 11 February 2011.

We're not sure what beers we're doing yet but we'll let you know closer to the time.

Call us at Otway Estate on (03)5233 8400 for more details.

Cheers!

Hendo

Back