Pouring Comp

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

floppinab

Reaction score
This sort of thing has got me in two minds

http://www.news.com.au/gallery/0,23607,503...5007150,00.html

One says that anything getting mainstream publicity for something different like a Hoe or Leffe is a good thing.

The other tells it like it is, the "nine step ritual" comes straight from the minds of the **cked up marketeers, emphasising something related to beer that has little to do with the aroma and flavour of actually what is in the glass. Sure you want a reasonable pour in a clean glass but give me a break..............

Thoughts????

Stage seven is to check that the foam is 3cm thick, this creats a protective cap to prevent the beer from becoming stale.

:lol:

As you say, any publicity is good publicity. But really..... :rolleyes:

But all those pictures do make me thirsty. :D

Sounds like a wank-fest to me matey!

I just pictured someone buying a Leffe or something, watching the server go through the ritual and pour the beer, the customer paying for it and leaving the beer on the bar runner.

A little bit wanky maybe because of the brands, but there's a bit of an art to being a good barperson - I used to take part in a few of these presentation competitions back in the day.
These days I look at it from this perspective. It's about level of service and getting it right for each and every customer - far better this than having that $10 glass of average beer served by a snotty barchick in a slutty tanktop in a dirty glass with 4 fingers of head............(in the glass)..

The competitions were fun too, and a welcome respite from serving drunken yuppy wankers who think that they own you just because you're standing behind a bar. Add to that some of the post-comp parties I've been to still rate as the BEST & WILDEST parties I've been to......

Compare the girl in picture 1 up against some bargirl serving a West End draught in a hole in Hindley Street (think Adelaide's Kings Cross), and I think I'd rather have the bargirl in pic 1 pouring my beer :D

I was there the last two days - soooooo much beautiful beer tipped straight down the drain while these guys were practising. :(

I do like the extra effort and presentation that goes into my lovely glass of Hoegaarden when I'm at the Belgian though. Yes its a bit of a wank but if I'm paying $7-8 when I'm out for a beer I'd rather have a wanky pouring ritual than some pimply kid pouring a carlton draught.

Latest posts

Back