Potters Brewery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chopdog

Reaction score
Hey guys and girls, im heading up the hunter for a couple of days on wednesday and stayin at potters.I have been there once before a couple of years back when my taste for beer was pretty shabby. The only beer i drank when i was there was the kolsh and i had a bock which was great. does anyone know what they have on tap now and i they have any special brews i must try.

cheers :icon_chickcheers:

The simple answer is get a tasting paddle and try them all. It is worth it.

I think they have an English best bitter, and a stout as the current specials. If you are lucky they might have their chocolate porter on tap too.

With a bit of luck they'll have the Gose still, otherwise the Belgian Wit and the Smoked Oyster Stout are awesome.

Of course the Potters Pale Ale is wonderful too, and to my personal tastes this was the standout beer.

Anyone know if they still do the brewery tours with tasting afterwards. That was interesting and great value :)

Cheerz Wabster

The simple answer is get a tasting paddle and try them all. It is worth it.

I think they have an English best bitter, and a stout as the current specials. If you are lucky they might have their chocolate porter on tap too.

I was there yesterday but I must admit that I rarely visit the taps as Keith just looks after me with samples and tastes :icon_drool2:

They do have a delicious ESB (English Special Bitter) at around 6% - both on tap and handpump, so pop over to the brewery and See Keith, Jess or Anthony. While you are there ask for a taste of Jess's latest brew straight from the fermenter - A Belgian Tripple brewed with Wyeast Leuven Pale Ale yeast and a few kilos of Camomile flowers.

Brewery tours with tastings are still available.

If you have time, Murray's brewery is a pleasant 60 minute drive away for more beer heaven. Shawn brought along some loverly Imperial Stouts to our club meetingon Friday night.

Have fun,
Dave

I went here a few years back, so good.

Bock was my pick.

thanks everyone. im hangin to try the pale ale and i hope they have that choc porter, sounds tops

On The Good Beer Guys - Brewery Tour, few of us called in yesterday. Seemed to be a tourist pub, serving staff had little knowledge of beer styles. Tried the Pale, diacetyl Lager, and Bock, thought the Pale was good. It is what it is, but a bit of a let down after Murrays.

Screwy

Screwtop said:
On The Good Beer Guys - Brewery Tour, few of us called in yesterday. Seemed to be a tourist pub, serving staff had little knowledge of beer styles. Tried the Pale, diacetyl Lager, and Bock, thought the Pale was good. It is what it is, but a bit of a let down after Murrays.

Screwy
Really? Bit strange
Did you go into the Brewery or the Pub?
The Brewery beer is pretty much always manned by Keith or Jess, or at least someone else working in the brewery.

Latest posts

Back