Pot Ruined?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adz1179

Reaction score
so anways I've been complaining a fair bit lately about the lack of a decent thermometer, so, as an early christmas present, the good Mrs adz1179 decided that she would order me a 6' weldless thermometer from G&G and have the father-in-law fit it while I was working yesterday... sweet right???

photo_1.JPG

only problem is, i BIAB in a 50lt al pot, which now has a 6' probe at about the 10lt mark that extends to about half of the pot. i can see this catching the bag, causing hot spots, giving me grief stirring in the mash etc..... the hole is 20ml

photo_2.JPG

will it be right? should i swap it over for a 3' probe? start again? plug the hole somehow?

its hard to get angry, but i'll cry if its ruined... lol

Maybe you could use a wire rack or something on the bottom to keep the bag off the probe?

Or, if it doesn't leak and the fit was a good one, use it as an excuse to go a 3V system and fork out on a new esky :)

SOOO misunderstood the thread name...

Put the probe where the tap is and add a pick-up tube to the tap. The tube should help protect the probe from getting snagged on the bag, and no more tipping the kettle to get the last drop.

Dont forget to say thank you dear and buy her a nice gift in return.

I also would also make sure she never gets the chance to read your post.

Put the probe where the tap is and add a pick-up tube to the tap. The tube should help protect the probe from getting snagged on the bag, and no more tipping the kettle to get the last drop.

Dont forget to say thank you dear and buy her a nice gift in return.

I also would also make sure she never gets the chance to read your post.

Damn didn't even think of that. Sold the therm and got one with a much smaller probe. If that still causes issues I will follow your advice. Great idea.

Yes thanks we're given and I'll try my best to keep her off ahb - methinks that shouldn't be too hard.

Latest posts

Back