Postage Scales

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scooterism

Reaction score
Hi All,

Can I just confirm that using scales such as these are a solid way for measuring water for the HLT?

You only need to do it once yeah?

Mark or etch the hlt, even better, add a sight glass/tube and Mark/etch the outside

You can just use normal scales, do 1L x 10 times then measure it out... I'd also get a finer resolution, I got some 40kg scales with a 1g resolution for less than those if I remember correctly

Well, I was thinking of making it a permanent feature and remove the need to fit a sight tube and marking things.

Should be great for sparge water, hit the pump and watch the numbers go down.

And return to the 1L jug when the scales fails :p

I agree on maybe a finer resolution, that can only be a good thing, although what an empty keg weigh?

You'll get sick of weighing water. Pretty quickly, with a sight tube, I just attach the hose an fill insitu, no moving anything...

Your show though and if you want all those transfers, enjoy

With most of those scales they have an auto off feature after 60 seconds. If they run to minus weight you can work backwards after turning on (not sure how far in minus they will weigh) or lift your hlt off and on the scales after turning it on. I recently invested in a 5l jug, wasn't cheap but made measuring water a lot quicker.

Latest posts

Back