Pond pump

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajmuzza

Reaction score
Can anyone that's using a submerisbile/poond pump to recirculate water through a chiller give me an idea of the litre per hour spec that would give a reasonable flow. Obviously too quick and your reduce the benefit of the coolth and vice versa. Also need to pump thw water about 1m. Seems you can get relatively cheap ones on feebay that pump out 3000 lph but that seems like overkill.

cheers

I use this one. Says its 1350 L/H but I seriously doubt that spec. Maybe if it was pumping 0M head it could manage that but if pumping from ground level up to my Table where I sit my Kettle then I reckon maybe 6 - 9L per minute (But that is a guess) I would be pumping about 1.5 M roughly.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1350L-H-Energy-saving-Submersible-Water-Pump-Aquarium-Fish-Pond-Tank-Fountain-/151107331286?pt=AU_Pet_Supplies&hash=item232eb2e4d6&_uhb=1

Works fine with my chiller. I use Tap water to get down to around 35 degrees (~ 15 minutes) then use this in an ice bath to drop to 20 degrees. Takes another 15 minutes.

Cheers. So it obviously deals with an ice bath. Don't suppose you can get a standard garden hose on the thread for the outlet?

ajmuzza said:
Cheers. So it obviously deals with an ice bath. Don't suppose you can get a standard garden hose on the thread for the outlet?
Yes you can. it's a 12mm fitting so I just push on my hose and all fine.

Latest posts

Back