Politics

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully the Honorable Scott Driscoll will be spending some time with Gordon Nuttall in the near future.

TasChris said:
Hmm they are complaining about phone taps in 2009...When Labor was in power.
I actually got a bit of a chuckle when that surfaced. Labour handing over a ticking bomb.

Fuckem. They both play the same games on each other.

Just a case of being busted stealing cookies from the jar. Everyone has had there hand in the jar

Ducatiboy stu said:
Just a case of being busted stealing cookies from the jar. Everyone has had there hand in the jar
Too right, just the volume of squealing from those who have a culture of "saving face" that is the difference.

Bunch of sooks, the real international issue is that my Rolex I got in Bali stopped working after a month, wheres my national outrage.

OzPaleAle said:
Bunch of sooks, the real international issue is that my Rolex I got in Bali stopped working after a month, wheres my national outrage.
Stop the clocks. Oh, that's already happened.

Too right, just the volume of squealing from those who have a culture of "saving face" that is the difference.

That's exactly it.

The phone tapping itself wasn't really the issue, it's the way Tone handled it. Instead of contacting Yudhoyono directly behind closed doors and trying to work something out, he got up in our parliament and essentially said "yeah big whoop everyone does it mate" - just in time to make the Indonesian headline news. Now everyone there thinks Australia's new PM is a dick, so regardless of what the president thinks, his hands are tied and he has lost whatever public support there was for his backing of Australia.
I said "nice one, Tony" because he simultaneously set our relationship with Indo back to the Timor days, and scuttled (excuse the pun) his 'boats' plan. Let's face it, diplomacy isn't his strong point.

Putting the blame onto Abbot for this is such a crock'o'shite, he probably should have rung SBY, maybe he has, I don't know.

Indonesia have made themselves look very hypocritical in all of this, but they have a couple of aces and they're playing them.

And play they will........considering there upcoming election.

As for Abbott..............

Black Devil Dog said:
Indonesia have made themselves look very hypocritical in all of this, but they have a couple of aces and they're playing them.
"They" as in the Indo goverment? Or the knuckle heads burning flags and threatening to blow up our embassy?

It was an entirely predictable response and our PM should have been a bit wiser, for his own sake. Nothing much will come of it, he's just made things harder for himself really.

manticle said:
I thought you were talking to Browndog (whose name is tony)

Shhhh.........I'm trying to stay under cover here.

had to have a chuckle at this. Caption of the week:

focBEkx.png

for those living under an internet rock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r21CMDyPuGo

Back