Politics

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
browndog said:
I can't believe how many vindictive Lefty Jerks there are on this forum. Suck shit for tomorrow.
Thanks so much for your intelligent and well thought out input to the topic at hand.

dagryll said:
I don't understand why the coalition is against gay marriage. Abbot and Pyne are both gay and married. Seems like double standards to me.

????

Cheers all, off to vote. I have really enjoyed this thread, at times frustrating, illuminating, interesting and disappointing. How will we fill the void without an election looming? I guess politics and our various opposing views can go on forever.

browndog said:
I can't believe how many vindictive Lefty Jerks there are on this forum. Suck shit for tomorrow.
This forum is so anti Labour it even has Liberal ads running on the bottom of it.

Politics.png

So the results are in. Yes, across the road from site,hamburger and yes to the below queries. Exciting times.
jlm said:
Work's keeping on flinders island for a bit longer than intended. Will I be able to vote? Where is the polling place? What will the pub dish up for smoko tomorrow? Will tonight's session on boags draught and cascade stout result in a huge hangover?

One of my friends ran as an independent in my seat (Wright) today. About to go to the pub for a post election party to commiserate his loss. He knows he has no chance of winning - we just hope he gets 4% of the vote. It's going to be tough as the sitting member got 51% of the primary vote last election :-/

manticle said:
Just people who think differently to you. I don't call you a Right Old arsehole just because I favour a different political ideal to you.

I've seen more vindictiveness in no chill threads to be honest.

PS. Anyone who thinks Labor is anything other than centrist right sitting slightly more left of liberal than abbot's left hand has rocks in the headA
Sorry Manticle, the theme I've observed here and on facebook generally is that my brothers who support Labor end up attacking/sniping the personality of the people they are arguing with. For my lot, I'll put my case and respect others views even if I do think they are wrong So anyyone who took offence, I'll apologise, and place some blame on the IPA I was drinking. I'll be happy when this is all over and people return to normal.

cheers

Browndog

For my lot, I'll put my case and respect others views even if I do think they are wrong
In that case, my vote goes to your IPA.

Both sides of politics do that attacking/sniping shit and it annoys me as much as you. Ever watched question time? Makes me wonder how we could vote for any of them. Whiny children, the lot of them

manticle said:
Yeah it was an effort. ******* paper was too wide for the booth.
Hell, did you actually manage to get informed about all those parties? If so please tell me how to find out who all the running parties are before the election. I'm new to voting in Australia and had zero clue about 60% of those groups.

Google. AEC provide a rundown of who is running in what seat in house of reps and senate candidates. Most parties have a website that is usually linked from AEC (australian electoral commission). I am in the seat of batman so I googled election 2013 senate batman and got the info I was after.

I did my best but still had to google a couple of independents while I was in there.

Pain in the arse and while I think directing preferences is important, i can understand anyone just writing 1 in a box and letting the bullshit take its own course.

Numbering 1-110 on senate seat.......I numbeted in colums......put the party i liked in the first consec numbers....the nutters in the middle and the real nutters in the last numbers.....then went and got pissed

dagryll said:
I don't understand why the coalition is against gay marriage. Abbot and Pyne are both gay and married. Seems like double standards to me.
George Brandis is gay too.

Back